Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

MDUdall: New CSC processing time report is out

MDUdall: New CSC processing time report is out

Old Aug 7th 2003, 6:39 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default MDUdall: New CSC processing time report is out

I just received the latest CSC JIT Report from AILA (Thank you AILA). You can visit my page located at, http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/cscjit.htm for an explanation of how to use the JIT Report information specifically in the I-129f context at the CSC. You can also find the JIT Report numbers on my page located at, http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/sctimes.htm if you are interested in seeing the JIT Report numbers for all case types pending at the CSC.

You can use the JIT Report to determine two things, 1) has your case been taken off of the shelf yet and given to an officer for processing, and 2) is it overdue. At the CSC, a BCIS officer should approve, deny or request additional evidence within 30 business days of being given your case for adjudication. If your case becomes overdue, than at that time you should notify the CSC to bring this to their attention.

If your "notice" date on your receipt notice is later in time than the date listed for I-129f's on the JIT Report, than your case is still waiting its turn to be assigned to an officer (And therefore it’s obviously not yet overdue). If your "notice" date on your receipt notice is earlier in time than the date listed for I-129f's, than your case has likely been given to an officer for adjudication. I say "likely" because if your case receives an IBIS hit, than you cannot use this report to determine an overdue date as the JIT Reports can only be used for cases that do not receive an IBIS hit. If your case receives an IBIS hit, it will be pulled from the normal stream of cases and will experience a delay; slight to significant until a BCIS officer eventually does the follow up IBIS work required in your case.

Bookmark my page and check it every few days in order to monitor the CSC JIT Reports. New reports are usually issued twice a month, however they sometimes only come out once a month (and sometimes even less frequently).

When you first see a report showing that your "notice" date is earlier in time than the date listed for I-129f's, write down the date of publication of that particular report. Than take your calendar and count off 30 business days from the date of publication of that particular report. That is your "overdue" date and you should note that date on your calendar. Notify the CSC if your case becomes overdue.

Ignore any projected processing times you might find on your receipt notice, that you might read on the BCIS' on-line status checking page or hear on the National Customer Service Center’s automated phone system as those are wild guesses made by BCIS HQ (Not the CSC) and often do not reflect the reality of what is going on at the CSC at any given time. These projected processing times are also subject to change, and are not binding on the BCIS.

Relying on these projected processing times will not give you realistic expectations. Instead, monitor the JIT Reports as that information actually does come from the CSC, it reflects the dates of cases that have been given to an officer for processing, will help you calculate a realistic “overdue� date, and will thus help you achieve realistic expectations.

Don’t make any wedding plans, reservations, quit your job, make travel arrangements, dispose of property, etc., based on projected processing times listed on your receipt notice, listed on the BCIS’ on-line status checking page or mentioned on the automated phone system. If you do, you do so at your own risk.

Regards,
Matthew Udall
Attorney
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm
Old Aug 7th 2003, 6:43 pm
not a newbie

soulsender is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thanks you Matt!!

this is the one I've been waiting for! they are officially working on my day
Old Aug 7th 2003, 6:46 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Thanks you Matt!!

Originally posted by soulsender

Good for you Soul. (said through gritted teeth). I can think of 2 or 3 others that will be happy to see this report also
Old Aug 7th 2003, 7:56 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thanks you Matt!!

I129f
sent csc: 03-27-03
1st noa date: 03-31-03
[/QUOTE]

You raise an interesting point. While they are reporting that they are working on your “day�, that does not necessarily mean that your case has actually been taken off of the shelf yet and given to an officer.

I tour the service centers whenever I get a chance as that gives me the opportunity to ask detailed questions about the minutia of Service Center processing. While on my last tour of the CSC, I specifically brought this issue up to the officer that was taking me through the facility.

As you may know, the cases first go to the back of the shelf. So on the shelf, the cases are basically grouped together as per the dates they arrived. As the officers call for new cases, a contract worker pulls cases from the front of the shelf and takes them to the officer. In that way, the most recently filed cases start moving from the back of the shelf to the front of the shelf.

When the contract worker pulls a batch of cases from the front of the shelf (they put them in those white cardboardish opaque square bins that you see at the post office, and those bins usually hold around 25 case files) he or she will write down the notice date of the last case pulled, on a small yellow card located on the shelf.

When its time to make a new JIT Report, they go get the dates that are listed on the cards, and those dates appear on the JIT Report.

So your particular case with a notice date of 03/31/03 “might� have been one of many (perhaps a dozen or more) that had notice dates of 03/31/03. It could be that the last case pulled, that had a notice date of 03/31/03 (and thus listed on the card on the shelf and on the JIT Report) was the first of the 03/31/03 cases on the shelf (meaning there could still be many more 03/31/03 cases on the shelf.

On my tour I asked, “If the JIT Report lists a certain date, does that mean that the contract worker emptied the shelf of all of the cases with that date, or could there still be more cases with that specific date left on the shelf�. Her answer was that there could still be more cases on the shelf with that date. The JIT Date is the notice date of the “last� case that had been pulled, but that does not mean there are no other cases with that date still left on the shelf, at the front of the shelf.

On the bright side: Even though you can’t know for sure whether or not your case has been given to an officer yet, barring an IBIS hit you can assume that if it hasn’t yet been given to an officer it will be very soon.

On the not so bright side: Because you can’t know for sure if your case was given to an officer yet, you can’t yet calculate an overdue date. You would have to wait for the “next� JIT Report, and if it indicates that they have moved past your notice date than you would add 30 business days to the publication date of the “next� JIT Report to determine your overdue date.

Back to the bright side: Most of time the BCIS will adjudicate a case before it becomes “overdue� as per the calculation, so that reduces the sting in that you can’t yet calculate your overdue date based on this current JIT Report.

One final tidbit: On your receipt notice you have a received date, and right below it a notice date. Most of the time these dates are the same, but sometimes there are a few days between the two dates. The CSC has been very clear during the meetings I attend, as to which date is to be used when using the JIT Reports. You use the “notice date� not the received date. That is the date the CSC uses in making the JIT Reports, so naturally that would be the date we would use when using the JIT Report to see if its been taken off of the shelf yet, and when calculating the overdue date.

Regards,
Matthew Udall
Attorney
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Aug 7th 2003 at 8:02 pm.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 8:18 pm
not a newbie

Default never had any illusions

that they are actually working on my case...in fact if I hear anything soon I'll be surprised. It's just as I imagined it.
no offense given or taken but I've already thought of those drops of piss on my parade long ago.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 9:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: never had any illusions

that they are actually working on my case...in fact if I hear anything soon I'll be surprised. It's just as I imagined it.
no offense given or taken but I've already thought of those drops of piss on my parade long ago.
Hi Soulsender!
Just wanted to let you know I'm rooting for you up here! Just a Q in advance...where will you be going to do the AOS later on? Tucson?
Rene
Old Aug 7th 2003, 9:19 pm
not a newbie

Default I would imagine so

I believe there are only 2 places in az and tucson is the closest (was just playing a gig there last night yaaaawwwwwwnnnn)
Old Aug 7th 2003, 9:31 pm
Banned

Default OT Reply: I would imagine so

I believe there are only 2 places in az and tucson is the closest (was just playing a gig there last night yaaaawwwwwwnnnn)
Was this a band performance? What do you play, and what sort of music do you guys cover? Just curious as I'm a musician too (Bass and backups).

M.U.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 9:42 pm
not a newbie

Default Re: OT Reply: I would imagine so

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
Was this a band performance? What do you play, and what sort of music do you guys cover? Just curious as I'm a musician too (Bass and backups).

M.U.
Yeah!, it was a glub gig I am in a blues and soul group. I play lead guitar. The web link on my posts takes you to the bands web site. We've played everything from retirement homes to hells angels gigs. It's not my day gig though. We don't really do the standard blues covers we pick the better but less known tunes. Some Ray Charles, Marvin Gaye, Jimmie Vaughan, Thunderbirds and about 1/3 originals now. We mostly play in Bisbee AZ but get out around the state. Do you get to play out much with your band(s)? I will say this all the gigging has helped pass the time waiting for this damn thing.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 10:11 pm
Banned

Default Re: OT Reply: I would imagine so

Yeah!, it was a glub gig I am in a blues and soul group. I play lead guitar. The web link on my posts takes you to the bands web site. We've played everything from retirement homes to hells angels gigs. It's not my day gig though. We don't really do the standard blues covers we pick the better but less known tunes. Some Ray Charles, Marvin Gaye, Jimmie Vaughan, Thunderbirds and about 1/3 originals now. We mostly play in Bisbee AZ but get out around the state. Do you get to play out much with your band(s)? I will say this all the gigging has helped pass the time waiting for this damn thing.
Sounds like a fun project. I have a lot of respect for blues players as its not as easy as it looks (or sounds). I started out in the 4th grade playing jazz on the trombone and kept that up through college (I still have the old t-bone but don’t break it out very often). After college, I picked up a Rickenbacker bass and have been playing the rock and roll thing since then. Got to open up for Toad The Wet Sprocket, Aztec Camera and the King Pins. Even had a distribution agreement with Kiderion Records at one time.

I’m like you in that this is a fun hobby, but obviously not my day job :-).

I’m in three bands (or perhaps I should say I was), with the same drummer, singer (plus myself) in all three projects. We have a different guitarist in each one… one was more of an oldies thing [we would play the Sagus Swap Meet one Sunday afternoon each month], the second project covered more of the guitar hero stuff from the 80’s and 90’s [Halen, Ozzy, etc. and I got lots of stage time over the past six months with this project at a few different clubs] and the last one covering the modern tunes currently getting airplay (we were just finishing up the 4th set and were getting ready to start booking). Unfortunately a couple of months ago we had to let the singer go. He was a great guy and without a doubt the best singer I’ve had the opportunity to play with, but he had some personal problems that “really� started getting in the way of him being a reliable member. So we’ve been auditioning singers over the past couple of weeks. Its hard to find one that can fit the bill on the new tunes, as not every singer can do a controlled scream in a pleasant way (seems to be a lot of screaming in the modern rock tunes). We’d better nail it down soon, as the manager already has one of the bands booked for two shows in September!

M.U.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Aug 7th 2003 at 10:15 pm.