Mailing Date for I-751

Old Jun 30th 2005, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

ramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant future
Default Mailing Date for I-751

Hi All

my 3 months date before my condition green card expiration will be day 20 in the month . Can I mail it 3 or 4 days before that date ?

I'll be on December 20 05 holding the conditional green card for 21 month. can I mail I-751 on December 16 or so . the mail takes 3 to 4 days till it arrives to the service center , Can I do that ? I am worried that the Service Center return it back to me in that case because I'll mail it earlier than December 20

Thanks
Old Jun 30th 2005, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mailing Date for I-751

Originally Posted by ramNagab
Hi All

my 3 months date before my condition green card expiration will be day 20 in the month . Can I mail it 3 or 4 days before that date ?

I'll be on December 20 05 holding the conditional green card for 21 month. can I mail I-751 on December 16 or so . the mail takes 3 to 4 days till it arrives to the service center , Can I do that ? I am worried that the Service Center return it back to me in that case because I'll mail it earlier than December 20

Thanks
I think you answered your own question Nope. 90 days is 90 days.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 6:48 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Thanks
Then it would certainly seem safest to wait until your 'GO' date to mail it

Trust me, with the wait times what they are, a day or two headstart is a drop in the bucket.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

n2stitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Wait until you are WITHIN the 90 day window to mail it.

Lalita
Old Jun 30th 2005, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Thanks
Hi:

Dumb move. Assume that you have miscounted the 90 days and send it in a week later. CIS has this bug up their rear end about premature filings -- lets say it gets in one day early -- takes two years to process and they deny it because it was filed one day early.

You think this is ridiculous? You are right. But it is the law.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Dumb move. Assume that you have miscounted the 90 days and send it in a week later. CIS has this bug up their rear end about premature filings -- lets say it gets in one day early -- takes two years to process and they deny it because it was filed one day early.

You think this is ridiculous? You are right. But it is the law.
Were there any leeway, then the instructions would state 3 months rather than 90 days. The 90 day stipulation makes the filing date absolute, regardless of the time of year, or if it is a leap year as well
Old Jun 30th 2005, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bionomique
Were there any leeway, then the instructions would state 3 months rather than 90 days. The 90 day stipulation makes the filing date absolute, regardless of the time of year, or if it is a leap year as well
Hi:

My point was that it does NOT have to be submitted on the very first day of the 90-day window. Also, I would NOT assume that CIS can count. I learned that one a long time ago.

"We can count." Willie Brown
Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:06 am
jom20052005

I beleive the date you sign the i-751 application (next to signature
on the I-751 form) should be in the 90 day window, which will make
both the mailing date and the receipt date(by INS) within the 90
calender days window.

n2stitch wrote:
    > > Then it would certainly seem safest to wait until your 'GO' date to
    > > mail it :)
    > >
    > > Trust me, with the wait times what they are, a day or two headstart is
    > > a drop in the bucket.
    > Wait until you are WITHIN the 90 day window to mail it.
    >
    > Lalita
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com