Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Louisville office was good to us :-) (so far )

Louisville office was good to us :-) (so far )

Old Jul 4th 2001, 2:19 am
Selin Hall

I never thought this day'd come. But here I am posting my experience to the
newsgroup. Although, we still have some time to go, I feel like a huge load got off
of my back. My husband and I went to Louisville office this morning to file for my
AOS and EAD in person. To keep it short, I got my EAD appointment scheduled for July
17th (Alvena, you were right) and also while I was there, I got fingerprinted!. And
they said it would be 3 to 5 months before we get called for our interview. To get in
a little more details: Got there around 7:15 AM. There were already at least, 30
people sitting there. Our number was 42. There was only one INS officer working the
three windows by herself. She gave out numbers and/or forms, answered questions and
saw cases as well. They started seeing people a little before 8:00 AM. The first
number got called was 27. For the first couple of hours it kinda went slow. But then,
around 10:30 it got faster. We were called around 11:00 AM. She told us that
everything looked fine and gave me my EAD appt letter for July 17th (when she did
that, I just let out a "COOL!" and that made her smile.) Then she said "fill out this
form, you will get fingerprinted today." That surprised me (in a very good way of
course!) So we waited another about 30 minutes before I got called for my
fingerprints. Then it was all over. I have to say, to this day, I gathered tons of
very useful tips from this newsgroup. And I thank each and every one of those who put
in their 2 cents.We're not done yet, but I'm very excited to be able to start
working! Thanks everybody, Selin Hall times:
6/30/00: got the first NOA for I-130
6/30/01: I-130 approved
6/30/02: Filed in person for AOS and EAD, got fingerprinted
6/30/03: Employment authorization appointment

Old Jul 6th 2001, 12:13 am
VAB

Congratulations. My husband and I just submitted the I-130/I-485 last week, so I know
the relief when things go smoothly. It's the little things that help the process
along. This newsgroup is wonderful.

>
the
    >
load
    >
    >
for
    >
    >
called
    >