Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Los Angeles Infopass Experience Passport Stamp

Los Angeles Infopass Experience Passport Stamp

Old Jun 27th 2005, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Aliluv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Los Angeles Infopass Experience Passport Stamp

Hello everyone,

My husband received a notice sayong the conditions on his residency have been removed Yay.
So here is how it went.

We arrived at 10:50 am for our 11am appt (I didn't have to go but we were going out of town and leaving from there so I went) we parked at the LA mall across the street.
We got in line and a man came over and took anyone with an 11 am appt and moved them to a line in front of the door. Once we get in it's 11:30 am. We get a number and realize it's going to take a couple of hours. We left and had lunch across the street while my husband periodically ran over to check the numbers they were calling.
Finally we go back in and they call for 30 people with certain ticket numbers 335-365 to go upstairs for "faster processing" we were in the lucky (or so we thought) 30 so upstairs we went.
Now downstairs there were 12-15 windows open and upstairs there were only 2 open.
We were done at 3:45 so we spent the whole day there.

Moral of the story is hope you don't get moved upstairs for "faster processing" because if you do it's going to be a while!
Old Jun 28th 2005, 12:59 am
Just Joined

gsdjk234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Los Angeles Infopass Experience Passport Stamp

Could you share the date on your NOA and the approval date?

Do you also happen to remember how long after the approval date you received the actual approval letter?

Thanks!
Old Jun 28th 2005, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Aliluv is an unknown quantity at this point

We filed for removal of conditions 04/22/05 (that is the date I mailed off the application and payment) we received a letter saying they received the app about 2 weeks after filing. (The week of May 9th)
We received the approval letter the week of June 5th.

It all went really quick.

I did not include any photos or sworn statements but included a ton of evidence like car insurance, health insurance, bank statements, credit card statements etc.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 3:42 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aliluv
Hello everyone,

My husband received a notice sayong the conditions on his residency have been removed Yay.
So here is how it went.

We arrived at 10:50 am for our 11am appt (I didn't have to go but we were going out of town and leaving from there so I went) we parked at the LA mall across the street.
We got in line and a man came over and took anyone with an 11 am appt and moved them to a line in front of the door. Once we get in it's 11:30 am. We get a number and realize it's going to take a couple of hours. We left and had lunch across the street while my husband periodically ran over to check the numbers they were calling.
Finally we go back in and they call for 30 people with certain ticket numbers 335-365 to go upstairs for "faster processing" we were in the lucky (or so we thought) 30 so upstairs we went.
Now downstairs there were 12-15 windows open and upstairs there were only 2 open.
We were done at 3:45 so we spent the whole day there.

Moral of the story is hope you don't get moved upstairs for "faster processing" because if you do it's going to be a while!
Hi:

Congratulations on quick processing. BTW, the LA Mall is one of the more expensive parking garages. Most attorneys park in the "Parquero" on Commercial Street east of Alameda [note: Aliso Street changes name in crossing Alameda].

I'm not sure, but the equipment for taking biometrics is on the sixth floor -- I have not seen it in Room 1001.

It is really nice to see the quantum improvement which is part of the InfoPass procedure, is it not?

Congratulations.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 2:32 am
Just Joined

gsdjk234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! It was indeed really quick!