Looks Grim

Old Oct 16th 2003, 6:12 am
YIPPEEEEEEEEE :)

hwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant future
Default Looks Grim

We just found out that the Con Off in Bangkok did not reconsider our waiver - she sent it off to the AAU in Washington DC. I also have read up on finalized appeals for the last couple of years - one had been approved.

So needless to say - we don't feel hopeful at all - I am starting to wish we didn't have to deal with Bangkok - they never approve anything at all.

Old Oct 16th 2003, 10:39 pm
Alan4801

Default Re: Looks Grim

We are going to have to go through BKK for our K1. Will you please clarify
what Bangkok never approves?
Thanks,alan

"hwarang" <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > We just found out that the Con Off in Bangkok did not reconsider our
    > waiver - she sent it off to the AAU in Washington DC. I also have
    > read up on finalized appeals for the last couple of years - one had
    > been approved.
    > So needless to say - we don't feel hopeful at all - I am starting to
    > wish we didn't have to deal with Bangkok - they never approve
    > anything at all.
    >
    > --
    > HwaRang
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Oct 16th 2003, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

BeachBunny is an unknown quantity at this point

It's I-601 waivers for inadmissablity.

S, if you read previous posts from Mr Folinskyinla he has mentioned that you usually have a better chance of filing a completely new waiver and disclosing the previous denial than in actually getting an appeal approved.

Don't give up yet!!!

Laura
Old Oct 16th 2003, 11:28 pm
Go RedSox!

MrsLondon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by BeachBunny

S, if you read previous posts from Mr Folinskyinla he has mentioned that you usually have a better chance of filing a completely new waiver and disclosing the previous denial than in actually getting an appeal approved.

Don't give up yet!!!

Laura
Laura, I somehow missed that you'd had your waiver approval, I just wanted to say congratulations, happy reunion to you both!!
Old Oct 17th 2003, 12:56 am

hwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant future

I-601 Waiver. I had an overstay and am on a ten year ban. Looooong story.............As long as you do not have to apply for an I-601 and have to try and convince them that your USC wife/husband is suffering extreme hardship........... you will be fine.

Originally posted by Alan4801
We are going to have to go through BKK for our K1. Will you please clarify
what Bangkok never approves?
Thanks,alan

"hwarang" <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > We just found out that the Con Off in Bangkok did not reconsider our
    > waiver - she sent it off to the AAU in Washington DC. I also have
    > read up on finalized appeals for the last couple of years - one had
    > been approved.
    > So needless to say - we don't feel hopeful at all - I am starting to
    > wish we didn't have to deal with Bangkok - they never approve
    > anything at all.
    >
    > --
    > HwaRang
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Old Oct 17th 2003, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

desertguy is an unknown quantity at this point

so you were deported from the US then??
Originally posted by hwarang
I-601 Waiver. I had an overstay and am on a ten year ban. Looooong story.............As long as you do not have to apply for an I-601 and have to try and convince them that your USC wife/husband is suffering extreme hardship........... you will be fine.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 8:07 am

No, left of own accord - wish we didn't leave, lol. Had we have known I could have adjusted status..........you live and learn.

Originally posted by desertguy
so you were deported from the US then??
Old Oct 17th 2003, 10:02 am
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point

Hwarang,
I'm so sorry about your denial. Apply for a new one as Beach Bunny said and never say never!! Hang in there hon.
Clare

We just found out that the Con Off in Bangkok did not reconsider our waiver - she sent it off to the AAU in Washington DC. I also have read up on finalized appeals for the last couple of years - one had been approved.

So needless to say - we don't feel hopeful at all - I am starting to wish we didn't have to deal with Bangkok - they never approve anything at all.

Old Oct 17th 2003, 10:06 am

Thank you Clare. I guess it won't hurt to try, lol. I saw you were denied visa at Interview......I'm so sorry. What happened?
Sue

Originally posted by Clare & Steven
Hwarang,
I'm so sorry about your denial. Apply for a new one as Beach Bunny said and never say never!! Hang in there hon.
Clare
Old Oct 17th 2003, 10:19 am
The Survivors!!

Well, I guess you saw my thread, so you know the story. We haven't submitted the 601 as of yet. I just found out that his conviction date falls under the IIRIA Act of 1996, where it says I have to be a spouse or relative to file as the USC...and...we have to prove ultimate extreme hardship, instead of just extreme.
Steven is going to call the consulate, bcis and another lawyer today to find out if this is true. I think it's odd that they gave him the denial with the instructions to file this waiver, but it doesn't apply to us. Also, the consulate strongly suggested to him not to rush out and get married & refile because it would screw everything up. She said she sees a lot of people do that. duh!
This isn't going to be a picnic, I can assure you
Clare

Thank you Clare. I guess it won't hurt to try, lol. I saw you were denied visa at Interview......I'm so sorry. What happened?
Sue
Old Oct 17th 2003, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough

Well, I guess you saw my thread, so you know the story. We haven't submitted the 601 as of yet. I just found out that his conviction date falls under the IIRIA Act of 1996, where it says I have to be a spouse or relative to file as the USC...and...we have to prove ultimate extreme hardship, instead of just extreme.
Steven is going to call the consulate, bcis and another lawyer today to find out if this is true. I think it's odd that they gave him the denial with the instructions to file this waiver, but it doesn't apply to us. Also, the consulate strongly suggested to him not to rush out and get married & refile because it would screw everything up. She said she sees a lot of people do that. duh!
Clare
Wow..... as far as I know you can just go ahead and file the I-601 but I am truly no expert so do let us know what the outcome is after you've consulted with BCIS/Lawyer.
Good luck
Old Oct 17th 2003, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry what's AAU in Washington?
Old Oct 17th 2003, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by BeachBunny

Don't give up yet!!!

Laura

Hey BB I just noticed it says 'just give me an answer' under you're name tee hee Think you need to change that to 'on top of the world!'
Old Oct 17th 2003, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

BeachBunny is an unknown quantity at this point

Clare
I would wait until you her back from your ConOff before panicking! Sounds like your ConOff might be recommending your case.. and that carries a lot of weight. Also, some AC's accept the I-601 waiver for things it wasn't specifically targeted for. I know London does this....
Old Oct 17th 2003, 6:57 pm
The Survivors!!

Thanks girls (my 601 sisters ). I appreciate your encouragement.
Steven should be on the phone with the BCIS as we speak. He scheduled a phone meeting with one of their supervisors at 3pm today. Keep your fingers crossed that some good news comes out of this. He's also going to call Montreal before 4pm to confirm the 601 given to him is still ok to file. Maybe he'll get lucky and get to speak with our case manager, who we met at the interview! I just KNOW you know how I feel...I have a permanent lump in my throat that actually hurts! (no, it's not the flu - lol)
Take care, all of you, and I'll keep you posted.
Clare

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.