Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

LOOKING FOR A GOOD IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY

LOOKING FOR A GOOD IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY

Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:21 am
Just Joined

jhste is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy LOOKING FOR A GOOD IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY

Hi folks.........I am looking for a good immigration attorney who could assist my wife,myself and two daughters to weave our way through the process.

Does any one know of any who will only charge for successful applications or charge a fair price if we fail.

Any advice would be appreciated:
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LOOKING FOR A GOOD IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY

Originally Posted by jhste
Hi folks.........I am looking for a good immigration attorney who could assist my wife,myself and two daughters to weave our way through the process.

Does any one know of any who will only charge for successful applications or charge a fair price if we fail.

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I would be very surprised if any immigration attorney would agree to those terms. They charge a price, and that's that as far as I know.

Could you please provide a little more information - what visas are you eligible/applying for?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Post Originally From Cranston

It don't work like that....
You pay your money ..you take your choice ..

Here's a couple of London ones ..

http://www.usvisalawgroup.com/index.html
http://www.usvisaLawyers.co.UK/index.htm

Far better knowing by which method you're going and if you even have a chance before you talk to an attorney.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

I will PM you the guy that I am using.

So far I am very happy with him

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Rete : Today at 9:20 am. Reason: Duplicate Thread

Last edited by Rete; Jan 31st 2008 at 1:32 pm. Reason: I messed up in merging the two threads ... my abject apologies
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

What process?

Only pay if sucessful? Nope. You pay for the lawyer's time, effort and expertise.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Some do have guarantees, all depends.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

www.ailalawyer.com and look for referrals...
Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:33 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

The magic question is: which process?

You could do some research yourself to maximize the value you will get from an attorney appointment.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Andrew Wilson is a name known to allAndrew Wilson is a name known to allAndrew Wilson is a name known to allAndrew Wilson is a name known to allAndrew Wilson is a name known to allAndrew Wilson is a name known to allAndrew Wilson is a name known to allAndrew Wilson is a name known to allAndrew Wilson is a name known to allAndrew Wilson is a name known to allAndrew Wilson is a name known to all

Whichever immigration attorney you choose, you should see if s/he is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). It is a good starting point to see if the attorney is well versed in immigration law.

Probably like buying anything else, a positive referral or recommendation form someone that has used the attorney before is a good idea as well.

Lastly, make sure the attorney has handled your type of case before. You do not want them learning on your dime.

I don't think you will find someone worth anything that will take your case only on a contingency basis.

Good luck!

Andrew M. Wilson, Esq.
Serotte Reich Wilson, LLP
<<snip>>

Last edited by Sue; Apr 3rd 2008 at 6:43 pm. Reason: Links removed. Please adhere to rule 9 of the site rules. Link to your site is only allowed in your signature!!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

marielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to all

Try to find a lawyer who cares about your case; avoid these lawyers that would charge you around $150 for a 20 minute phone conversation just to get informed on the basic facts.

A reasonable lawyer should be able to know all about your case, let you know about your chances and propose you a plan. Very difficult to find a lawyer who would work an immigration case on a contingency basis.

Good luck in your search.