londonboy450's E-2 Questions

Old Sep 2nd 2013, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

londonboy450 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default londonboy450's E-2 Questions

My parents are on an E2 Treaty Investor visa. I am on a E2 Visa as an employee.
Q1 If my mother applies for a Work Permit, could it be approved even if we sell the business. (My father is principal applicant)
Q2. How can I work for any employer. I know about H1B and Fiancee visa but are there any other options.
Q3. If work permit is denied, will the E2 status remain in state.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 12:23 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa/green card/work permit questions.

Q1. No, since the EAD is derived from the principal E2, and if the business is sold the E2 is no longer valid.

Q2. The K1 fiancee visa does not give you work authorisation, and if you are in the US already is not an appropriate visa to you. If you marry a USC you should adjust status.

Q3. As long as the business run by the investment remains, yes. If the business is sold, no.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by civilservant
Q1. No, since the EAD is derived from the principal E2, and if the business is sold the E2 is no longer valid.

Q2. The K1 fiancee visa does not give you work authorisation, and if you are in the US already is not an appropriate visa to you. If you marry a USC you should adjust status.

Q3. As long as the business run by the investment remains, yes. If the business is sold, no.
Thanks very much for the answers.
As you said E2 visa was not the suitable for me but if the business is sold and my parents get the work permit, will I remain legal or will my E2 become invalid.

Will I be able to volunteer for a company and try to get sponsored with H1-B Visa even if the our business is sold.

Last edited by londonboy450; Sep 2nd 2013 at 4:00 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 4:13 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonboy450
Thanks very much for the answers.
As you said E2 visa was not the suitable for me but if the business is sold and my parents get the work permit, will I remain legal or will my E2 become invalid.

Will I be able to volunteer for a company and try to get sponsored with H1-B Visa even if the our business is sold.
I believe from your prior posts that you are no longer a juvenile, so your parents' new visa will have no bearing on your situation -- once the business for which you were granted the E2 is gone, you can no longer stay in the US unless you obtain a visa in your own right.

You can only volunteer in a situation where no-one would usually be paid to do the job -- for instance, serving at a soup kitchen or walking the dogs at the pound.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
I believe from your prior posts that you are no longer a juvenile, so your parents' new visa will have no bearing on your situation -- once the business for which you were granted the E2 is gone, you can no longer stay in the US unless you obtain a visa in your own right.

You can only volunteer in a situation where no-one would usually be paid to do the job -- for instance, serving at a soup kitchen or walking the dogs at the pound.
Yes, I am over 21 but arrived as an employee of my parents company which was setup in Florida. I just considering volunteering for the local botanical gardens.

I tried to apply for I.T jobs but on the application form it states they use E-verify and know I have an E2 Visa then I go for the interview and the interviewer asked what visa I had and then said I am sorry but can't hire you just because of the visa.

How do I get a visa on my own right once the business is sold
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 5:49 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

How do I get a visa on my own right once the business is sold
You find an employer to sponsor you!

Ian
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You find an employer to sponsor you!

Ian
I know that I can get employment sponsored green card but when I sell the business sold, will I become illegal.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 6:44 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

The E2 status will no longer be valid, therefore you have no right to remain in the US.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I know that I can get employment sponsored green card...
Okay, I'm at a loss then. If you know this, why did you ask?

... but when I sell the business sold, will I become illegal.
You'll be out of status, yes. It sounds like you're about to put 2 + 2 together!

Let me guess - you don't want to leave the US while you look for sponsorship, right? Nobody wants to do anything that inconveniences them... but, if truth be told, the US government cares neither for your convenience nor for what you want.

Ian
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 7:07 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it does. For the 90-day period of K-1 status. Which is why a K-1 can get a SS card.

K-1 status does not, however, get one an EAD. A K-1 needs to apply if they want to have the card.

Regards, JEff
Originally Posted by civilservant
Q2. The K1 fiancee visa does not give you work authorisation, ...
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Yes, it does. For the 90-day period of K-1 status. Which is why a K-1 can get a SS card.

K-1 status does not, however, get one an EAD. A K-1 needs to apply if they want to have the card.

Regards, JEff
I already have an SSN. If my E-2 status is gone will I be able to get an employer to sponsor me or will I have to do it while on E-2 status because currently they are giving interview for me but once I mention E-2 they just say no.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 8:26 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

I already have an SSN. If my E-2 status is gone will I be able to get an employer to sponsor me or will I have to do it while on E-2 status because currently they are giving interview for me but once I mention E-2 they just say no.
I think it might help you if you look at it as being back to square one, starting off afresh on the immigration ladder, and read up on these ways to obtain a visa:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

They are probably saying no because they know that they can't legally hire you on the E-2 visa and don't want to spend the money and time required for a H-1B visa. Currently they can't even apply for a H-1B visa until April 1 for work starting no earlier than October 1. For an employer to go though that process, you would have to have skills that they can't find locally to fill the position for at least a year.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 9:31 pm
Account Closed

If my E-2 status is gone will I be able to get an employer to sponsor me...
Yes - I'm not sure why you don't understand that!

... or will I have to do it while on E-2 status...
If you don't have E-2 status, then you're out of status in the US and have to leave.

...because currently they are giving interview for me but once I mention E-2 they just say no.
They can't hire you - they aren't allowed to. Your permission to work is tied to your E-2 visa. You can't work for anyone other than your E-2 sponsor while you're on an E-2 visa. Even if they want to hire you - they can't... unless they, themselves, sponsor you.

Ian
Old Sep 17th 2013, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

So my parents have now got their work permits but I am still on E2 Visa. Marriage is not be an option at the moment because I need to work and then maybe the girl might come along. My SSN is restricted and my parents think that I can work on an E2 despite telling them I need a work permit or green card

Will I be able to apply for a marriage based green card even if I am on an E2. My parents want to buy another business so it will still be valid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.