LOCAL INS OFFICE APPointment

Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

USimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant future
Default LOCAL INS OFFICE APPointment

I just looked up and seen that all appointment schedules are taken and it is amazing cause i checked a couple of days back and it was almost full
I have a couple of questions about my case and i wanna make sure my papers got to the right person. Will it be ok to walk in and try to talk to an immigration officer or you need an infopass ?
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LOCAL INS OFFICE APPointment

Originally Posted by USimmigrant
I just looked up and seen that all appointment schedules are taken and it is amazing cause i checked a couple of days back and it was almost full
I have a couple of questions about my case and i wanna make sure my papers got to the right person. Will it be ok to walk in and try to talk to an immigration officer or you need an infopass ?
You need an Infopass appointment. From what I hear, almost every local office will turn you away at the door without an Infopass appointment.

I've heard if you try early morning and late night for an appointment, you might have some luck. Keep trying!

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

USimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You need an Infopass appointment. From what I hear, almost every local office will turn you away at the door without an Infopass appointment.

I've heard if you try early morning and late night for an appointment, you might have some luck. Keep trying!

Best Wishes,
Rene
that is not good i remember the security officers were asking if u had an appointment at the door
Old Jun 4th 2005, 3:59 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

that is not good i remember the security officers were asking if u had an appointment at the door
Im sure that most are asked by the security officers if they have an appointment letter but when I went for my biometrics appointment at the Indianapolis office on Tuesday I was very surprised not to be asked. They just performed the usual checks & let us in. It wasnt until we got inside & up to the window that I had to produce my actual letter.
Old Jun 4th 2005, 4:11 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Booking an appointment via INFOPASS may be appropriate but check to see if you can use this system for asking questions about a case.

If INFOPASS is appropriate, you might have better luck finding an an vacant appointment time if you check either very early in the morning or very late at night. I've also read that checking on Saturday or Sunday is sometimes more successful.

NC Penguin
Old Jun 4th 2005, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shepslady
Im sure that most are asked by the security officers if they have an appointment letter but when I went for my biometrics appointment at the Indianapolis office on Tuesday I was very surprised not to be asked. They just performed the usual checks & let us in. It wasnt until we got inside & up to the window that I had to produce my actual letter.

Was it at an ASC or a USCIS office though? ASC's are different, and thats where most (all??) biometrics are taken...
Old Jun 4th 2005, 3:24 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrea874
Was it at an ASC or a USCIS office though? ASC's are different, and thats where most (all??) biometrics are taken...

No it was definately USCIS Office Indianapolis doesnt have an ASC, everything is done at USCIS office wihich is why I thought it strange!