Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Letter arrives after AOS Interview!

Letter arrives after AOS Interview!

Old Aug 19th 2002, 12:45 am
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all
Default Letter arrives after AOS Interview!

Last Saturday, a letter from the INS arrived!

Naturally, we were very curious whether it would contain the long awaited word... APPROVED!

But no, it was only a form, accompanied by a sheet with examples of photos that will be rejected,
telling me that the photos we submitted with the I-485 application (AOS) were wrong.

Apparently, I was so bold as to wear my glasses (hey! I wear glasses, what can I say?) and they want photos without them!

So, we took a closer look at the original filing instructions, and the instructions on the enclosed form.... Nothing!
Just a handwritten note, encircled: No earrings, No glasses...

We had new pictures taken and mailed them the same day.
And we wait....