Legal Immigration Services

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

FUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Legal Immigration Services

Hello All,

I am considering using Legal Immigration Services as my attorney in assisting me to file for a Green Card petition. <snipped>

I was wondering if anyone on this forum has either heard of them before or perhaps used them in the past? They seem a totally legit organisation but I just wanted to know any potential thoughts from others who perhaps have used them?

Cheers

Last edited by Rete; Sep 3rd 2010 at 12:47 pm. Reason: The name of the organization is sufficient.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 2:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Legal Immigration Services

What basis are you going to be applying for a greencard and why do you think legal services are needed? Personally I don't know if I would want to use a company whose website appears not to have been updated since 2007. Plus, they make everything sound so easy.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 2:44 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FUB05
Hello All,

I am considering using Legal Immigration Services as my attorney in assisting me to file for a Green Card petition.
I was wondering if anyone on this forum has either heard of them before or perhaps used them in the past? They seem a totally legit organisation but I just wanted to know any potential thoughts from others who perhaps have used them?

Cheers
Ignore the lawyer ..its all run by Matt Selby ... not a lawyer

Last edited by Rete; Sep 3rd 2010 at 12:47 pm. Reason: removed URL
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 2:57 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I see their office is handy for "The Laser Fun Zone" though. Not everyone can say that.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

FUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
So u have heard of the company before or u just got that name from the website?

My application for a green card is based on a family member owning a business and sponsoring me to work at his company. I actually got a referral to this company so just wanted to know if anyone else had dealt with them before?
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 12:46 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

My application for a green card is based on a family member owning a business and sponsoring me to work at his company.
Well, your family member, won't be sponsoring you for a green card... but, rather, an employment-based visa. To do that, they would first need to demonstrate to the satisfaction of the US government that there is no US citizen that can do that job. Next, they would need to demonstrate that the job is of such a nature to warrant sponsorship. Next, they would need to demonstrate that the job requires the qualifications that you have. Finally, you would need to demonstrate that you are qualified to do the job.

If you think it's as easy as them sponsoring you, you're sadly mistaken... and it's your family member who needs the attorney, not you. Indeed, you are barely involved in the process!

Ian
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

My application for a green card is based on a family member owning a business and sponsoring me to work at his company.
What relationship do you have with the family member? Are they your sibling, parent or child? If so, skip the business part and go for a family based petition. It might take a lot longer but it should be pretty simple comparatively.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Well, your family member, won't be sponsoring you for a green card... but, rather, an employment-based visa. To do that, they would first need to demonstrate to the satisfaction of the US government that there is no US citizen that can do that job. Next, they would need to demonstrate that the job is of such a nature to warrant sponsorship. Next, they would need to demonstrate that the job requires the qualifications that you have. Finally, you would need to demonstrate that you are qualified to do the job.

If you think it's as easy as them sponsoring you, you're sadly mistaken... and it's your family member who needs the attorney, not you. Indeed, you are barely involved in the process!

Ian

Ian thanks for the all of the above which I am already fully aware of. I am very much aware and up to speed with the steps involved with having an employer willing to sponsor you for a GC and am aware of the processes such as LC, Immigration Petition, Adjustment of Staus. I am also aware of falling into certain categories such as EB2, EB3 etc. The purpose of this thread was to ask if anyone has heard of the company.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
What relationship do you have with the family member? Are they your sibling, parent or child? If so, skip the business part and go for a family based petition. It might take a lot longer but it should be pretty simple comparatively.
Nah unfortunately its not a direct relation so Family based immigration is certainly ruled out.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fair enough. Use this site, get references and details on successful cases. http://www.aila.org/ I know nothing about the company you originally asked about but the website was a little too good to be true, all roses and sunshine that makes it sound you stroll into an embassy and walk out with a visa, a handshake and a spring in your step.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Fair enough. Use this site, get references and details on successful cases. http://www.aila.org/ I know nothing about the company you originally asked about but the website was a little too good to be true, all roses and sunshine that makes it sound you stroll into an embassy and walk out with a visa, a handshake and a spring in your step.
Thanks for the link Duncan.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 2:10 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

So u have heard of the company before or u just got that name from the website?

My application for a green card is based on a family member owning a business and sponsoring me to work at his company. I actually got a referral to this company so just wanted to know if anyone else had dealt with them before?
I know lots of people ..another one nearby is
http://www.visaamerica.com/

or in london

http://www.usvisalawgroup.com/

nepotism is not favoured by the USCIS ..they see it for what it is
unless he own a company with hundred of employees ..you may be disappointed
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
I know lots of people ..another one nearby is
http://www.visaamerica.com/

or in london

http://www.usvisalawgroup.com/

nepotism is not favoured by the USCIS ..they see it for what it is
unless he own a company with hundred of employees ..you may be disappointed
Hi Ray,

Well this would then be a problem for me as he is working as a sole trader. According to the literature which i have read, the size of the company and the number of employees it has does not necessarily affect an employers petition for a GC.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Ray,

Well this would then be a problem for me as he is working as a sole trader. According to the literature which i have read, the size of the company and the number of employees it has does not necessarily affect an employers petition for a GC.
I'm going to guess and say you will have major problems unless it's a very specialized business and you are very specialized in it.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

I'm going to guess and say you will have major problems unless it's a very specialized business and you are very specialized in it.
Catering Company and yes I have some specialization in this sector although a few years ago. I have a Bachelors Degree in Business but understood that for an employer to sponsor you in the EB3 category (which at present i know is somewhere in 2004 for a Priority Date) you do not necessarily require a bachelors for that position but 2 or more years experience in the discpline the employer requires. So granted I do have 2.5 years work experience catering for a niche market in which my cousin is now looking to diversify into. So this is the angle I was looking at. I posted a thread called "Long Shot" maybe 2 weeks ago as I realised at the time it was a bit of a long shot but it possibly could fly. What do u think?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.