Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Last I-130 DHS question of the night before I pull my black pen out promise!!! :-)

Last I-130 DHS question of the night before I pull my black pen out promise!!! :-)

Old Jun 29th 2004, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

infotec28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Last I-130 DHS question of the night before I pull my black pen out promise!!! :-)

ok ok

Is there any way that my wife would be able to see me in the states if I filed with the DHS in London and suddenly had to go back to the United States to take a job? (I ask this because it is likely to happen if my old boss says ok you can have your old job back.) Remember she overstayed her visa waiver the first time.

Thanks again...and ehmmm goodnite
Old Jun 29th 2004, 9:27 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last I-130 DHS question of the night before I pull my black pen out promise!!! :-)

Originally posted by infotec28
ok ok

Is there any way that my wife would be able to see me in the states if I filed with the DHS in London and suddenly had to go back to the United States to take a job? (I ask this because it is likely to happen if my old boss says ok you can have your old job back.) Remember she overstayed her visa waiver the first time.

Thanks again...and ehmmm goodnite
You already know that the last bit is the one to watch out for -- no one here can answer because of the overstay.
You said that you spoke to USCIS, but as MUdall likes to say, those poeple are *not* your legal advisors. In fact, they're not advisors at all. I would seriously investigate if her overstay was 'finally' discharged by filing and abandoning AOS.

Wifey should be "prepared" to spend at least 6 months w/out you in the UK, imo. Anything else will be gravy.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

infotec28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Last I-130 DHS question of the night before I pull my black pen out promise!!! :-)

Originally posted by meauxna
You already know that the last bit is the one to watch out for -- no one here can answer because of the overstay.
You said that you spoke to USCIS, but as MUdall likes to say, those poeple are *not* your legal advisors. In fact, they're not advisors at all. I would seriously investigate if her overstay was 'finally' discharged by filing and abandoning AOS.

Wifey should be "prepared" to spend at least 6 months w/out you in the UK, imo. Anything else will be gravy.
its not wifey it's me loool thanks