Last full day in the UK! :)

Old Jun 11th 2004, 12:50 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default Last full day in the UK! :)

Hi all,

Well this will be my last post from this side of the pond. Today marks my last full day in England, and last day of work!

Its a wierd feeling of excitement, but also a bit of sadness for the friends, family and co-workers i'm leaving behind. I've vowed to keep in touch, and will visit as regularly as I can! Anyway come this time tommorow I will be in the air for 45 minutes bound for New York and the beginning of my new life. I've got plenty to go through before landing in my final destination.... Milwaukee. London to NY JFK -> NY LGA -> Washington -> Chicago -> Milwaukee! My god i'm definately glad this will be my last plane trip for a while!

These are exciting time and I just want to thank everyone here who's helped me along the way. I can't wait to share my experiences with you all when Angie and my life begins in the USA.

Feel's great to say that. To all those waiting on NOA's, Interviews and Plane rides I wish you all the best.

Bye for now

James
Old Jun 11th 2004, 1:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last full day in the UK! :)

Originally posted by mcjimbo
London to NY JFK -> NY LGA -> Washington -> Chicago -> Milwaukee! My god i'm definately glad this will be my last plane trip for a while!

James

How are you landing in JFK and LGA in New York? Or are you taking a shuttle from JFK to LGA for a connecting shuttle flight to DC? Man I don't envy you the route you have chosen to take. Why didn't you go from JFK to Chicago?

Rete
Old Jun 11th 2004, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats and safe journey James!
Old Jun 11th 2004, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice

James,
I wish you all the best and hope to see you for a beer in Milwuakee soon. I have to say that is some flight connection you have !!... Is it one last marathon journey for nostalgic reasons !???
Old Jun 11th 2004, 1:31 pm

Originally posted by Rete
How are you landing in JFK and LGA in New York? Or are you taking a shuttle from JFK to LGA for a connecting shuttle flight to DC? Man I don't envy you the route you have chosen to take. Why didn't you go from JFK to Chicago?

Rete
This was the best priced ticket ($197 vs $400 and up), and the only one that gave me 4 1/2 hours to get from NY JFK to NY LGA and lands in Milwaukee.

I think i'll either take a shuttle bus or cab to Laguardia. Anyway I don't care fact is i'm going and i can't wait!

James
Old Jun 11th 2004, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice

$197...OMG, now that is what I call a cheap ticket !.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Overthere is an unknown quantity at this point

This was the best priced ticket ($197 vs $400 and up), and the only one that gave me 4 1/2 hours to get from NY JFK to NY LGA and lands in Milwaukee.

I think i'll either take a shuttle bus or cab to Laguardia. Anyway I don't care fact is i'm going and i can't wait!

James
Oh what an awful journey - too many tangents to go wrong for me! I have to be early everywhere I go, I'd be a wreck if one of those flights was late. Anyway good luck.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Overthere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MrDub
$197...OMG, now that is what I call a cheap ticket !.
I believe that's the domestic flights not international. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Overthere
I believe that's the domestic flights not international. Correct me if I'm wrong.

ahh okay, Sorry I misread the post.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 1:38 pm

Originally posted by Overthere

Yes its domestic. The problem is my dear Angie forgot to book the ticket i'd told her to book months in advance, so we lost it. It was slim pickings and this was the best option price wise. There are a few connections, but Washington is literally landing and picking up and taking off again. Chicago isn't to far from Milwaukee, so i might get Angie to pick me up from there.... Anyway i think 4 1/2 hours should be enough to get from JFK to LGA!
Old Jun 11th 2004, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

Hi all,

Well this will be my last post from this side of the pond. Today marks my last full day in England, and last day of work!

James
I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear your POE story, your reuniting with Angie story, and then, of course, your wedding story!!! Congratulations (from me and David) and have a great trip to the US!
Old Jun 11th 2004, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

gemmacat will become famous soon enough

Yes its domestic. The problem is my dear Angie forgot to book the ticket i'd told her to book months in advance, so we lost it. It was slim pickings and this was the best option price wise. There are a few connections, but Washington is literally landing and picking up and taking off again. Chicago isn't to far from Milwaukee, so i might get Angie to pick me up from there.... Anyway i think 4 1/2 hours should be enough to get from JFK to LGA!

I've done the shuttle, in rush hour traffic, and it should be plenty of time!!! How many hours is this journey going to take all together???
Have a WONDERFUL, SAFE journey! Welcome Home!
Old Jun 11th 2004, 2:21 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by gemmacat
How many hours is this journey going to take all together???
I don't know, but it sound like TOO MANY!

Hope you drank a last pint before you left the good ol' UK. Good luck with your new life in the US!
Old Jun 11th 2004, 3:00 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Carey Shuttle has busses every 1/2 hour or so, for something like $15. Don't bother with a cab- it'll run you well over $100 I am sure.

Good Luck on the trip, and on your new life together.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 3:13 pm

Originally posted by gemmacat
I've done the shuttle, in rush hour traffic, and it should be plenty of time!!! How many hours is this journey going to take all together???
Have a WONDERFUL, SAFE journey! Welcome Home!
Good question. Well I start my day at what... 1pm from Heathrow. So i'm going to work in U.S. time for Wisconsin which is -6 hours.

So I start out at 7am U.S. time and arrive in Milwaukee at 11.30pm. So thats what 16 1/2 hours.... Yikes! 3/4 the way to Oz!

Right this really is my final post today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.