Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Laid of on H1-B and not paid in a while

Laid of on H1-B and not paid in a while

Old Apr 29th 2001, 7:39 pm
John Jacobson

>
    >
    >
    >

You might be right. Paranoid schizophrenia is not racism.

Old Apr 29th 2001, 8:09 pm
John Jacobson

He's worse than that. He doesn't want foreign workers to create their own wealth. In
addition, he wants them to buy everything from the US without us buying anything
from them.

[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> It isn't America that we are unhappy with, it is the whores running it who sell[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> out to corporate interests and greed.[/usenetquote2]

Old Apr 29th 2001, 8:11 pm
John Jacobson

>
[usenetquote2]>> Carlos can argue about sacred property rights and the holiness of making the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> maximum buck by whatever means possible and that mode of thought will work as long[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> as the current 20 year expansion keeps a large number of Americans happy and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> content.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

I don't think he does.

Old Apr 29th 2001, 8:13 pm
John Jacobson

It doesn't help him breathe. It just stinks up the place.

[usenetquote2]>> >> >> >>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >> >> And unethical companies such as Intel, Cisco, Oracle, HP give them free[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >> >> training in India so they can come to the US to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >replace[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >> >> their more expensive counterparts.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >> >And since when is it unethical to lower costs?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >> >Regards, Carlos Antunes.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >> >--[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >> >"I swear by my life and by my love of it - that I will never live for the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >> > sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >> > -- John Galt, hero of Atlas Shrugged[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >> > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...76/andresworld[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old Apr 29th 2001, 8:35 pm
Jay

"Terje A. Bergesen" wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Carlos can argue about sacred property rights and the holiness of making the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > maximum buck by whatever means possible and that mode of thought will work as[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > long as the current 20 year expansion keeps a large number of Americans happy and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > content.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >

I believe its luck. Market economies periodically go down. We are overdue for a big
recession/depression. But if you look at the current expansion it hasn't been that
good except for the rich. The median family's wealth has stayed constant even with
the expansion of second member work (wife) and more hours for the primary income.
This actually comes out to less money per man hour worked.

>
    >
    >
    >

No the US is in unsustainable and eventually destructive population growth. Its
basically a population/economic Ponzi scheme and eventually the shit is going to
hit the fan.

Your sig says you are posting from California, you should look at
http://www.cap-s.org "Californians for Population Stabilization".

CA Population:

1941 Â 7,237,000 1945 9,344,000 1950 10,643,000 1955 13,004,000 1960 15,863,000 1965
18,464,000 1970 20,039,000 1975 21,538,000 1980 23,782,000 1985 26,403,000 1990
29,944,000 1995 32,063,000 1999 34,036,000

Since I was born, CA population has more than doubled. For my parents its more like a
factor of 6. This is clearly unsustainable.

Jay

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

--
Killfiled Trolls/Idiots: Jacobson, Goldman.

Old Apr 29th 2001, 9:51 pm
John Jacobson

[usenetquote2]>> ...[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>> Carlos can argue about sacred property rights and the holiness of making the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>> maximum buck by whatever means possible and that mode of thought will work as[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>> long as the current 20 year expansion keeps a large number of Americans happy and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>> content.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Just out of curiosity, do you think[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

Jay that is.

Old Apr 29th 2001, 10:00 pm
st1960

>
    >

And a lot of good that did to Motorola

st

Old Apr 29th 2001, 10:03 pm
John Jacobson

Think about something (if you can):

NEWSFLASH: it has ALWAYS been the case, throughout the entire history of the US, that
there were workers overseas in some foreign land willing to accept lower wages than
Americans, and yet America continued to trounce most of the rest of the world despite
this. Why should we expect that this has changed all of a sudden, after two
centuries? Are you seriously going to argue that American CEO's and managers have all
of a sudden become stupid and incompetent but weren't before, or that this is the
first time the US govt has permitted foreigners into the US to work? Ridiculous.

[usenetquote2]>>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>> >Why not GLOBAL labor markets? Aren't you good enough to compete globally? What[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>> >are you afraid of?[/usenetquote2]

Old Apr 29th 2001, 11:19 pm
Terje A. Bergesen

Jay wrote:
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Just out of curiosity, do you think the 20 years of expansion is something that[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > came with the wind, or could it possibly be something that is caused by the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > living the view that Carlos is expressing.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

Rubbish. Economies are created, they do not come and go as the weather. They are a
reflection on how we work, and how we do business.

>

Recessions and depressions come for a reason. There were many good reasons for the
'29 depression, there were many good reasons for the problems in '87, and there are
lots of good reasons for our current predicament. All of these are related to how we
do business.

>
    >

This is clearly baloney. Wealth is clearly up, people are having a lot less
problems, but yes, some more are falling on the outside. That is to be expected. The
current US financial growth has not only helped the majority of US citizens, it has
also helped the world. Less people die of starvation etc today than in any
previously recorded time.

>
    >
    >

Why? What elements would make the stuff hit the fan?

>
    >

Yup, great numbers... And in the same period California has developed to be come, by
far, the wealthies place on earth, for its size.

>
    >

Why is this unsustainable, and what indicators do you have that point to a future
expansion as we have seen so far?

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    >

Old Apr 30th 2001, 12:51 am
Jay

"Terje A. Bergesen" wrote:
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > "Terje A. Bergesen" wrote:[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > Just out of curiosity, do you think the 20 years of expansion is something that[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > came with the wind, or could it possibly be something that is caused by the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > living the view that Carlos is expressing.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I believe its luck. Market economies periodically go down.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

You don't believe in recessions?

>
[usenetquote2]> > We are overdue for a big recession/depression.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Who cares what the exact reasons are for a recession (I can't predict the future),
eventually they happen.

>
[usenetquote2]> > But if you look at the current expansion it hasn't been that good except for[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > the rich.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

Hey asshole, you disingenuous clipped:

[usenetquote2]> > "The median family's wealth has stayed constant even with the expansion of second[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > member work (wife) and more hours for the primary income. This actually comes out[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > to less money per man hour worked."[/usenetquote2]

Show me data that the US median salary per family member man hour has climbed in
inflation indexed dollars. I don't think you can. I know for a fact that non-college
educated male compensation has plummeted. And while you are at it, how about showing
me data that health coverage benefits are increasing in the US or that American
families are now more secure.

>
    >
    >

Who cares.

>
[usenetquote2]> > No the US is in unsustainable and eventually destructive population growth. Its[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > basically a population/economic Ponzi scheme and eventually the shit is going to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > hit the fan.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

Short Term: Recession. Long Term: Population getting too huge, quality of life
tanking even further.

>
[usenetquote2]> > 1941 7,237,000 1945 9,344,000[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > 1995 32,063,000 1999 34,036,000[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Since I was born, CA population has more than doubled. For my parents its more[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > like a factor of 6. This is clearly unsustainable.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

Population in CA cannot double indefinitely. You sure do a lot of talking out of your
ass, read the newspapers, its official population projections.

Jay

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

--
Killfiled Trolls/Idiots: Jacobson, Goldman, Antunes.

Old Apr 30th 2001, 12:59 am
Carlos Antunes

Jay wrote:
    >
    >
    >

No, it wouldn't. I recommend a good book on Economics, for instance,

Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0517548232

Regards, Carlos Antunes.

--
"I swear by my life and by my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of
another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
-- John Galt, hero of Atlas Shrugged
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...76/andresworld

Old Apr 30th 2001, 1:42 am
Carlos Antunes

The reason is called "productivity". Now, go take Econ 101.

Dan wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

--
"I swear by my life and by my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of

Old Apr 30th 2001, 1:46 am
Carlos Antunes

Jay wrote:
    >
    >
    >

Get an education, then, and stop whining.

Regards, Carlos Antunes.

--

Old Apr 30th 2001, 3:20 am
John Jacobson

Excellent book recommendation, but what makes you think that Jay reads books?

>
[usenetquote2]> > Yes a step away from extreme globalization would be a good thing.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 30th 2001, 3:34 am
John Jacobson

I used to teach Econ 101, among other things. I can already tell what kind of student
Dan would be. He would be like the one student I had once who embarrassed herself in
class after failing the second test by asking loudly if there was ANYBODY that was
passing the class. Everybody else looked at her like she was nuts. In the class of
over two dozen students she was one of only two students who were getting an F at
that point and the other F student never came to class except for the tests.

These guys in a.c.c that bitch and moan about there being no jobs in IT remind me of
students who argue that they shouldn't get an F, because they came to every class and
should at least get a passing grade because of their attendance, or (and this still
cracks me up) because they had to pay for the course. One thing teaching taught me is
that in every group of human beings larger than roughly two dozen there will be at
least three total ****ups, one or two perfect ones, and a whole lot of average people
in the middle.

The very bottom of the bell curve congregates together and strokes each others' egos
in places like a.c.c.

>
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Sorry, Carlos, but NO American can compete with someone making $2,000 a year. Are[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > you too stupid to realize that the cost of living in the US is actually higher[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > than the cost of living in the third world?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.