Labor Certification

Old Sep 15th 2010, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Labor Certification

I thought that as my OH was going to be going from H1B to Green Card (EB2) that his employers would need to file for Labor Certification before doing the I-140 & I-485. However, OH spoke to someone a paralegal at the lawyers office that was used before in the H1B application and she said that we didn't need Labor Cert. Have I got completely the wrong end of the stick? Am I missing something or does the paralegal woman not know what she is talking about?
Old Sep 15th 2010, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Labor Certification

Originally Posted by SarahG
I thought that as my OH was going to be going from H1B to Green Card (EB2) that his employers would need to file for Labor Certification before doing the I-140 & I-485. However, OH spoke to someone a paralegal at the lawyers office that was used before in the H1B application and she said that we didn't need Labor Cert. Have I got completely the wrong end of the stick? Am I missing something or does the paralegal woman not know what she is talking about?
I thought application to EB-2 means a new Labor :S
Old Sep 15th 2010, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by E3only
I thought application to EB-2 means a new Labor :S
That's what I thought too. She also said they never filed a labor cert for the H1B but they were the 2nd law firm used so I think the 1st one did that. I am thoroughly confused. She is supposed to be getting back to us tomorrow AM but I just had to ask as I was sure I had read a new Labor Cert had to be done for the GC process.
Old Sep 15th 2010, 3:42 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

maybe they think he could go for another classification of GC that doesnt require labour cert (or is confusing your process with that process)?