L1B Visa Timescale to Green Card

Old Sep 11th 2010, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

boltonja1 is just really niceboltonja1 is just really niceboltonja1 is just really niceboltonja1 is just really niceboltonja1 is just really niceboltonja1 is just really niceboltonja1 is just really niceboltonja1 is just really nice
Default L1B Visa Timescale to Green Card

Is there anyone out there living in California who has had recent experience of obtaining an employer-sponsored green card? We wonder what the current time lag is between applying for PERM (after the job has been advertised and noone suitable has come forward) and actually obtaining the Green Card? Thanks in anticipation.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 1:24 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1B Visa Timescale to Green Card

Second preference (EB-2) or third preference (EB-3)?

And which country were you born in? (or your spouse).
Old Sep 11th 2010, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

boltonja1 is just really niceboltonja1 is just really niceboltonja1 is just really niceboltonja1 is just really niceboltonja1 is just really niceboltonja1 is just really niceboltonja1 is just really niceboltonja1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAJ
Second preference (EB-2) or third preference (EB-3)?

And which country were you born in? (or your spouse).
EB -2 and the UK
Old Sep 13th 2010, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

ademcc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by boltonja1
EB -2 and the UK
I am also interested in the answer to this question...please update if anyone knows!
Old Sep 13th 2010, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Prof_Yaffel will become famous soon enough

Hi, I'm going through this at the moment so here's what has happened so far

PERM approved 11th Dec 2009 ( can 't remember when submitted but it took about 1 year )

I140 EB2 Submitted 7th may 2010
RFE on I140 for 3 year UK degree.

I140 approved 22nd June

We have now finished all our medicals and the documents will be sent off shortly. We then have fingerprinting to do. My lawyer thinks it may be finished by the end of the year. We haven't been rushing the process as you can see for the gaps in the time frame so I suspect you could do it more quickly although the government processing times will be about the same

Hope that helps

Last edited by Prof_Yaffel; Sep 13th 2010 at 7:04 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

davidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant future

Arrived on L1B Feb 2008

Began PERM preparations late 2008

Applied PERM April 2009

PERM approved Feb 2010

Applied I-140 & I-485 April 2010 (EB2 category) - received RFE (full UK birth certificate), replied in 2 weeks

Received Green card June 2010

I know that the PERM wait has come down since then. My colleagues was just approved and only took 4.5 months. Google trackitt to see latest trends. Everything seems to be speeding up right now, presumably because fewer new cases being filed in this weak economy.

I kept nagging employer and lawyer at every stage and didn't bother waiting for my finger printing appointment (just walked in).. all because last time I went through this process I lost my job half way through and had to return to UK... I wasn't going to let that happen again!

Good luck

Last edited by davidw76; Sep 13th 2010 at 8:01 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by davidw76
Arrived on L1B Feb 2008

Applied PERM April 2009

PERM approved Feb 2010

Applied I-140 & I-485 April 2010 (EB2 category)

Received Green card June 2010

I know that the PERM wait has come down since then. My colleagues was just approved and only took 4.5 months. Everything seems to be speeding up right now, presumably because fewer new cases being filed in this weak economy.

Good luck!
I140 to greed cards was fast, only 2-3 months !!! Was that with medicals, finger printing etc ?
Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

davidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Prof_Yaffel
I140 to greed cards was fast, only 2-3 months !!! Was that with medicals, finger printing etc ?
Yep.. My lawyer told me 6 months but if you look at trackitt website you'll see anything from 45 days or so is normal right now. Medicals only took 3 days and we did our finger prints as soon as we got the notice rather than waiting a whole month for the appointment!

By the way, my case went to the Nebraska service center, not sure about others but I don't think there's a huge different to Texas SC.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by davidw76
Medicals only took 3 days and we did our finger prints as soon as we got the notice rather than waiting a whole month for the appointment!
Our medicals took a while because we have kids and we all needed a jabs for various things. Both adults had the full load again as our Uk records are a bit old. I was old enough to have has a small pox jab as a child !

Just so I know , how do you jump the fingerprinting queue ?

Thanks
Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Prof_Yaffel
Our medicals took a while because we have kids and we all needed a jabs for various things. Both adults had the full load again as our Uk records are a bit old. I was old enough to have has a small pox jab as a child !

Just so I know , how do you jump the fingerprinting queue ?

Thanks
My wife and I had to have all jabs again too but our kids were born here so at least we were spared that!

For FP appointment, just tell them you think you might be travelling on the appointment date so you want to get it done early. YMMV... it depends on which center your appointment is at and what mood the manager is in! I had no problems but I have heard of people trying the same thing and being refused at the busier locations.

Good luck
Old Nov 4th 2010, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

Twinklekk is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I just check for my own curiosity :-) I am coming out on L1b supported by employer, told me today that I may need to pursue green card myself in future (costs etc) although who knows what they could say in a year, do I need employer to sponsor me for green or can I do on own? Just wondering what I need to try and push for. Thx in advance.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Twinklekk
Can I just check for my own curiosity :-) I am coming out on L1b supported by employer, told me today that I may need to pursue green card myself in future (costs etc) although who knows what they could say in a year, do I need employer to sponsor me for green or can I do on own? Just wondering what I need to try and push for. Thx in advance.

Your employer must sponsor you and they must pay the costs themselves. It is not uncommon for an agreement to be made along the lines of giving up bonuses until the costs have been covered. Total cost is likely to be around 10,000 USD or more depending on the complexity of your case.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Twinklekk is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow Thanks would that be per person etc me, hubby and son or one cost fitscall. Thanks again
Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twinklekk
Wow Thanks would that be per person etc me, hubby and son or one cost fitscall. Thanks again
Suggest you get them to write it into your contract otherwise they have no obligation to apply for you
Old Nov 5th 2010, 1:16 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulleti...etin_5172.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.