L1B Visa

Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:54 pm
QPR
Just Joined

QPR is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile L1B Visa

Looking for some help here! - just moved to the US 3 months ago on L1 B Visa intercompany transfer and work is not what i expected to say the least. Things are so bad that i need to look elsewhere (hence the reason for my email) I like the States and would like to continue working here.
Does anyone have any advice of what options are available to me for seeking employment with another company here in the US
(please help i am desperate)
Cheers
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1B Visa

None really - you could try to find a company that would sponsor you for a H1B but they are few and far between - the companies and the visas.
The L1B is basically tied to your company so once you leave them you have to leave the country. You could try to stick it out for as long as it might take to get a Green Card but if you only qualify for an L1B then that could be years.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:59 pm
QPR
Just Joined

QPR is an unknown quantity at this point

So it's as bad as that then!! appreciate your advice
Old Jan 25th 2008, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid so. One of the first things you should do when you arrive on your L1 is get the green card process started. Because not only are you tied to your employer to stay here, if something happens to your job you will have no choice but to leave.