L1B Visa

Old Jun 17th 2007, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

davidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant future
Default L1B Visa

(reposting in visas section as advised)

Hello everyone

My employer has agreed to transfer me to our US office in Denver on an L1B visa (I'm a software engineer). They are going to start the legal process within the next month. Can anyone with any experience of the L1 visa tell me how long the whole process might take assuming its successful? I'm guessing I'll be lucky to finish everything by Christmas?

I previously spent 1 year on an H1B (5 years ago), does anyone know if this will count against the 5 year limit on an L1B?

Can I start the GC process as soon as I arrive in the US? And if its not finished when my L1 expires, what happens next?

Thanks in advance for any advice
Old Jun 17th 2007, 3:18 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1B Visa

Originally Posted by davidw76
(reposting in visas section as advised)

Hello everyone

My employer has agreed to transfer me to our US office in Denver on an L1B visa (I'm a software engineer). They are going to start the legal process within the next month. Can anyone with any experience of the L1 visa tell me how long the whole process might take assuming its successful? I'm guessing I'll be lucky to finish everything by Christmas?

I previously spent 1 year on an H1B (5 years ago), does anyone know if this will count against the 5 year limit on an L1B?

Can I start the GC process as soon as I arrive in the US? And if its not finished when my L1 expires, what happens next?

Thanks in advance for any advice
Tell your boss to change you title to Manager
and go for L-1A
no labor certification needed then ..
Old Jun 17th 2007, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

davidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ray
Tell your boss to change you title to Manager
and go for L-1A
no labor certification needed then ..
Thanks!

This had occured to me actually as I know that skipping the labor cert is a huge advantage. I have no qualifications/experience as a manager but its possible I could work the m-word into my new job title. I wouldnt want to risk stuffing up the L1 application by bending the rules though!
Old Jun 17th 2007, 3:24 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidw76
Thanks!
This had occured to me actually as I know that skipping the labor cert is a huge advantage. I have no qualifications/experience as a manager but its possible I could work the m-word into my new job title. I wouldnt want to risk stuffing up the L1 application by bending the rules though!
Presumably they are using a lawyer for the application..
they can use words ..
Old Jun 17th 2007, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
Presumably they are using a lawyer for the application..
they can use words ..
Thanks

I'll definately ask my employer and our lawyer about this possibility