L1B or L1A Registered Nurse

Old Feb 1st 2013, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Mainy1129 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: L1B or L1A Registered Nurse

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider

This the route my employer and I took when we came over on the L1 path.it became quite straightforward. Our employer applied for our Green Cards a year after we arrived. We should get them in April, about 2.5 years after we arrived here.

Good luck!

Harry
Thanks Harry were you on the L1b?
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 1:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

So, the combination of clinical IT and nursing experience is kind of the jackpot right now. So much so that the government has instituted training programs specifically to create people to fill the health IT void that is predicted to happen soon. However, that's specifically for US citizens only and maybe green card holders. If I were you I would start shopping your skills to places like Epic, MEDITECH, Allscripts and Cerner. The later two probably more so because they have a bigger presence in the UK and I believe significant offices.

To be honest, the fact that you wouldn't be able to actually work as a nurse in the US probably isn't a big deal if you go down the health IT route as companies generally look for nursing experience as much as they do the actual qualification.

Health IT. It's where it's at!
Old Feb 4th 2013, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
So, the combination of clinical IT and nursing experience is kind of the jackpot right now. So much so that the government has instituted training programs specifically to create people to fill the health IT void that is predicted to happen soon. However, that's specifically for US citizens only and maybe green card holders. If I were you I would start shopping your skills to places like Epic, MEDITECH, Allscripts and Cerner. The later two probably more so because they have a bigger presence in the UK and I believe significant offices.

To be honest, the fact that you wouldn't be able to actually work as a nurse in the US probably isn't a big deal if you go down the health IT route as companies generally look for nursing experience as much as they do the actual qualification.

Health IT. It's where it's at!
Thanks Duncan, I have a role in UKwith my current company Nuance that works with all the above thats why Im being transferred to US
Old Feb 4th 2013, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mainy1129
Thanks Duncan, I have a role in UKwith my current company Nuance that works with all the above thats why Im being transferred to US
Out of interest, are you going to take the NCLEX? You say you're a Registered Nurse but it's not clear whether you're a US RN? I'm guessing you won't actually need it for your job - or do you?
Old Feb 6th 2013, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GeoffM
Out of interest, are you going to take the NCLEX? You say you're a Registered Nurse but it's not clear whether you're a US RN? I'm guessing you won't actually need it for your job - or do you?
Hi, No I dont need it for the job
Old Feb 7th 2013, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't have a US RN license, then as far as the US is concerned, you're not an RN. So it is irrelevant to whatever you're planning on with this job.