L1B from J1 Visa Confusion.....

Old Oct 12th 2008, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

buckz2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L1B from J1 Visa Confusion.....

Hi,

I am currently in the US on a J1 Visa working for a different company than who I am employed by. I am doing this just for extra experience.

I work for a European company that has headquarters in Milan as well as over here.

What is the deal with getting a L1 Visa so I can work in the US for the European company? Is it possible if I am currently on a J1?

What evidence do you have to provide to prove you work for the company?

Also how long do you have to of been employed by them for?

Any thoughts or advice would be great.

Cheers
Old Oct 12th 2008, 9:13 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1B from J1 Visa Confusion.....

you have to have worked for them for a year OUTSIDE THE US! Any time spent in the us will not count so you will have to return to the uk for a whole year to be able to get an L1 visa.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply.....

I am still employed by the company in Europe and do CAD Design work for them via email. I still get paid by them. Will this count?
Old Oct 12th 2008, 11:01 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

they will ask you all the dates you were in the usa and deduct that from the count. you need to have worked something like 1 year in the last 3 outside the us. applications have been rejected because people havnt met the 1 year total when they took the 2 week trips they had made into account.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

So i should be ok? I've only been in the US since January this year. All the other time back in Europe working.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 1:54 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

you will have to ask the euro firms immigration lawyer what he thinks to be sure - as hes the one who will have to prepare the paperwork. Not sure what impact you being in the us working for someone else now will have on the records as uscis? ie will they accept you have been working for two employers at the same time? Not come across that one before in connection with immigration so have no idea.