L1A Visa

Old Jun 16th 2010, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

mickeyhoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L1A Visa

Hi

A friend in the UK has just asked me this question, to see if its a viable option?
i have no idea, as when i got my L visa, i had brought an existing business, costing quite a bit.

He runs a Business in the UK, and wanted to open a similar in the US.

His question is how much do you have to invest for an L Visa? as he's found a building to lease, which includes the equipment etc so hes said there wont be a lot of start up costs only for stock and other bits, he said it will only cost him approx 30 -50k to get up and running

Anyone any clues if this is doable?

Thanks

Mickey
Old Jun 16th 2010, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: L1A Visa

L1 is usually intra-company transfer which might imply an existing subsidiary in the US.

He might be looking at an E2
Old Jun 16th 2010, 4:39 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Or an E5?
E2 means no clear route to a green card.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 6:32 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickeyhoo
Hi

A friend in the UK has just asked me this question, to see if its a viable option?
i have no idea, as when i got my L visa, i had brought an existing business, costing quite a bit.

He runs a Business in the UK, and wanted to open a similar in the US.

His question is how much do you have to invest for an L Visa? as he's found a building to lease, which includes the equipment etc so hes said there wont be a lot of start up costs only for stock and other bits, he said it will only cost him approx 30 -50k to get up and running

Anyone any clues if this is doable?

Thanks

Mickey
if he has a business in the UK with multiple employees, business premises etc its possible ... go see a Immigration lawyer with a business plan
http://www.usvisalawgroup.com/
Old Jun 16th 2010, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

mickeyhoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your replies.

No, hes not looking at an E2, he wants to do a start up business, as a subsidiary of the UK biz - just not a lot of cash involved

Thank you Ray, he does have a good solid UK company with many employees etc just wanted to know if you had to invest a lot in the US side.

I belive he will be speaking to a Lawyer, but he just posed the question to me
Old Jun 16th 2010, 8:49 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

See all the caveats that are associated with the E2. Does he have a family, progeny etc?