Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

L1A - O-1 COS. Why is no one else worried?

L1A - O-1 COS. Why is no one else worried?

Old Oct 26th 2016, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

LonelyCloud has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyCloud has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyCloud has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: L1A - O-1 COS. Why is no one else worried?

Originally Posted by tht
Main questions to determine is if is yours paid, and what law is it governed by? and are you looking to work in that same jurisdiction, have they enforced against others?
Nope, not paid. It's US law, specifically Oregon, so country wise, yes for the jurisdiction, but state wise, nope not even on the same side of the country.

They have never enforced to my knowledge. I was recruited by them for my specific knowledge in a field which I had been working in for years. Other than programmers they normally recruit people with no specific job skills and train them up.

Once word was out that I was available a non profit offered me employment based on those same skill sets, but stacking boxes (not actually the job). The old employer currently paints walls, but wants to get into stacking boxes eventually. They actually told me I could go an work for any of the companies that use the non profits services, but not actually for the non profit, which makes no sense to me as there are paid for services which will directly rival them for a business model, but the non profit doesn't which already works alongside all these paid for services.