Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

L1A to GC - estimates on how long?

L1A to GC - estimates on how long?

Old Aug 19th 2010, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

EricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to all
Default L1A to GC - estimates on how long?

I have been in the US working for my American employer since March on an L1A visa. I am in discussion with them about making a GC application. How long should I expect it to take from application to GC being approved / issued?
Old Aug 19th 2010, 4:20 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1A to GC - estimates on how long?

This may give you a guideline:

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/i140

tht
Old Aug 19th 2010, 5:46 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

last year we sent in our app in Feb and got the green cards in August. I believe ive read recently on here that people have seen even faster than that.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

We applied for our Green Cards in June 2000 and received them in June 2001.

We thought that was very quick then.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 10:27 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

I was February 2005 to December 2005 (10 months). Another employee at my company had their application done one month before mine and theirs' only took 3 months. YMMV.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 1:36 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

you can premium process the I-140 too, but as others have said, they seem to be getting approval quicker these days.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 1:40 pm
tht

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Non Premium (Non concurrent) I-140 50 days and counting for me...

tht
Old Sep 30th 2010, 4:02 pm
tht

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
you can premium process the I-140 too, but as others have said, they seem to be getting approval quicker these days.
Also you can't premium a I-140 for EB1 "Multinational executives and managers" if that's what your going for...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

Update - 3 months tomorrow and no update, the lawyer handling says they have seen a slow down in these recently...

tht
Old Sep 30th 2010, 5:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tht
Also you can't premium a I-140 for EB1 "Multinational executives and managers" if that's what your going for...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

Update - 3 months tomorrow and no update, the lawyer handling says they have seen a slow down in these recently...

tht
Er yeah you can. (EB1c) if the priority date is current. http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/em...rocessing.html
Old Sep 30th 2010, 5:52 pm
tht

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
Er yeah you can. (EB1c) if the priority date is current. http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/em...rocessing.html
Have you done this? I will believe what I am told by an immigration lawyer and can read from the USCIS website over the link you have posted (did you look at that USCIS link?). But would like to be wrong...

Does EB1c cover more than just "Multinational executives and managers"?

tht

Last edited by tht; Sep 30th 2010 at 5:55 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 10:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tht
Have you done this? I will believe what I am told by an immigration lawyer and can read from the USCIS website over the link you have posted (did you look at that USCIS link?). But would like to be wrong...

Does EB1c cover more than just "Multinational executives and managers"?

tht
i give up (it was available whether it will be later again who knows?)

Last edited by goldenstate31; Oct 1st 2010 at 10:06 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

mrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nice

Originally Posted by tht
Non Premium (Non concurrent) I-140 50 days and counting for me...

tht
hey just seen your case on Trackitt, we filed same time...
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 1:59 pm
tht

Originally Posted by mrsvic
hey just seen your case on Trackitt, we filed same time...
the lawyer who filled this says things seem to have slowed down. I have to travel bunch this month, have everything with the lawyer have filled out drafts of all the forms and done my medical, so back to waiting now.

tht
Old Oct 4th 2010, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

mrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nice

Originally Posted by tht
the lawyer who filled this says things seem to have slowed down. I have to travel bunch this month, have everything with the lawyer have filled out drafts of all the forms and done my medical, so back to waiting now.

tht
Hey
They did the same as yours, a SLUD on my old I129, dd oct 3rd..
maybe they do see what happened on the previous app.
Why didnt you file the I485 concurrent?
Old Oct 5th 2010, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

janette is on a distinguished road

Filed EB1 on 26th March 2010, green cards approved June 29th. One RFE asking for proof that I had been employed by the UK company prior to applying for L1A.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.