L1A to EB1C Journey Thus Far

Old Aug 2nd 2023, 6:32 am
Just Joined

rowe6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L1A to EB1C Journey Thus Far

I’ve been eagerly reading everybody else’s process and timelines and wanted to share my own for folks from the UK on the path to Green Card, it’s just starting!

I obtained my L1A in November 2021 and moved to the US December 2021.

July 12th 2022 - Started gathering evidence
May 4th 2023 - I-140 Filed (not I-485 concurrent and no mention of premium processing from immigration lawyers)
May 16th 2023 - Receipt notice received

Currently approaching 90 days filed

Last edited by rowe6; Aug 2nd 2023 at 6:34 am.
Old Aug 2nd 2023, 2:48 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1A to EB1C Journey Thus Far

Originally Posted by rowe6
I’ve been eagerly reading everybody else’s process and timelines and wanted to share my own for folks from the UK on the path to Green Card, it’s just starting!

I obtained my L1A in November 2021 and moved to the US December 2021.

July 12th 2022 - Started gathering evidence
May 4th 2023 - I-140 Filed (not I-485 concurrent and no mention of premium processing from immigration lawyers)
May 16th 2023 - Receipt notice received

Currently approaching 90 days filed
I went through this in 2010/11. I came on an L1a and then my employers filed the EB1c I-140 (non concurrent) and later the I-485 and AP/EAD (make sure to have these included, but do not use them unless you are fired/laid off from the L1a position). Mine process was a little over a year back then.

Good luck.
Old Aug 2nd 2023, 5:32 pm
LT1
Forum Regular

LT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck rowe6! I posted my timeline a couple of months back. Couple of notes:

-- re PP: in my experience the lawyers will do what your company tell (and pay) them to do. I'd urge you to push your employer to pay the extra $$ to get the I-140 approved sooner rather than waiting in limbo. If needed, I believe PP can be paid by you (where the I-140 defienitely can't be).
-- when you do submit I-485, be sure to include your medical I-693 in the pack.

Shout if any Qs!
Old Aug 3rd 2023, 12:38 am
Just Joined

Thank you, much appreciated. I have asked the lawyers to send me a checklist for the I-485, even though no guarantee of I-140 I want to be prepared.

The ship has sailed regarding pp now I’ve been filed 90 days.
Old Aug 3rd 2023, 12:46 am
LT1
Forum Regular

LT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond repute

The ship has sailed regarding pp now I’ve been filed 90 days.
Perhaps this is an internal policy at your company, but it's not a USCIS policy that I'm aware of. PP can now be applied to any case EB1C I-140 case at any time.
Old Aug 3rd 2023, 12:50 am
LT1
Forum Regular

Thank you, much appreciated. I have asked the lawyers to send me a checklist for the I-485, even though no guarantee of I-140 I want to be prepared.
For the I-485, I submitted:
-- G-28, I-485
-- Copy of every page of my passport, including front and back covers
-- I-797B L1A approval
-- Scan of L1A visa foil in passport with stamp of entry
-- most recent I-94
-- I-94 travel history
-- Birth certificate
-- Recent paystubs
-- signed letter from employer confirming employment dates (including date of transfer from Company UK Ltd to Company US Inc).

NB - yours may be different if you are married and/or have kids.

Last edited by LT1; Aug 3rd 2023 at 1:06 am.
Old Aug 4th 2023, 3:44 am
Just Joined

No, it's just me. I got their checklist and I was glad I asked for it now as my birth certificate only has my info on it (old school South Wales valleys one) so I have ordered a 'long' one to include parents names etc. I'm going to do the scan of my passport and expired passport this weekend, just all in prep. I may do the medical soon too given it's valid for a long while.

I think my immigration lawyers should have the rest, maybe not the up to date travel history (since I have been in the US).

Thanks again, I am desperate for the I-140 approval now, be nice to move to the next stage.

Kev
Old Aug 10th 2023, 3:08 am
Just Joined

I have been pretty chilled about the I-140 up to now but after reading the layoff story I have become a lot more uneasy, especially with the economic climate. I am now 100 days filed. I know they say 9 months for non-premium processing, but mostly they're hearing news from anytime now to 6 months right? Maybe once I get to 120 days then I can really expect news.

I am glad I spent 100 days chilled, but I am starting to go a bit potty with the whole thing

Kev
Old Aug 10th 2023, 3:32 am
LT1
Forum Regular

I have been pretty chilled about the I-140 up to now but after reading the layoff story I have become a lot more uneasy, especially with the economic climate. I am now 100 days filed. I know they say 9 months for non-premium processing, but mostly they're hearing news from anytime now to 6 months right? Maybe once I get to 120 days then I can really expect news.

I am glad I spent 100 days chilled, but I am starting to go a bit potty with the whole thing

Kev
For the sake of your mental health, just pay the $2.5k and upgrade to PP. Then you’ll know for sure you’ll have your answer in 45 days, likely less.
Old Aug 10th 2023, 3:48 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LT1
If needed, I believe PP can be paid by you (where the I-140 defienitely can't be).
Qs!
Interesting. You state premium processing on belief but the I-140 as definite. Any reason why?
Old Aug 10th 2023, 7:15 am
LT1
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Interesting. You state premium processing on belief but the I-140 as definite. Any reason why?
Is it unclear? Because that’s what I know vs what I believe.
Old Aug 10th 2023, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

And you happen to be correct on both counts LT1 but lawyers advised I sit it out now as higher RFE rates on pp than normal, plus I am a 100 days in. They advise only to do pp if L1A expiry approaching. I'll sit it out now, but I am getting twitchy!
Old Aug 10th 2023, 11:53 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LT1
Is it unclear? Because that’s what I know vs what I believe.
Yes, I find it unclear. When it comes to the PP fee, it seems you express a degree of uncertainty. Fine. But you do not say the basis of your knowledge about the I-140 filing fee. There are certain immigration petitions where the beneficiary is legally prohibited from paying the filing fee, but the I-140 is not one of them. I am just curious as to the bais of your definite conclusion. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old Sep 28th 2023, 1:01 am
Just Joined

Latest

I-140 awaiting approval, been filed 145 days
I-485 - window open, medical Friday then hopefully file next week
Old Oct 24th 2023, 4:06 am
Just Joined

I-140 awaiting approval, been filed 173 days
I-485 - Filed 23rd October with medical docs, J supplement and AP.