L1A blanket - London

Old Mar 18th 2018, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

Kab3003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L1A blanket - London

Hi all, you have been a brilliant source of information, thank you. I posted previously about how to avoid being taken to secondary. I did not come across well, so apologies for that.

Anyway, the L-1a blanket was approved last week in London and we now have visas in hand. If anyone would like to know more about the process please let me know.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Blair2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: L1A blanket - London

Congratulations!

Would you mind letting me know how the embassy experience went at the new embassy in London? How did the person interviewing you come across?

Thanks!
Old Mar 19th 2018, 10:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kab3003
Hi all, you have been a brilliant source of information, thank you. I posted previously about how to avoid being taken to secondary. I did not come across well, so apologies for that.
I'm not sure why you've opened up yet another account (your third it seems), but please note that as per Site Rule 16, multiple usernames are not permitted.

I will ask admin to close your other accounts and merge your posts. Please do not open up any further accounts as they will just be banned instantly.

Thanks.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Kab3003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, please do so. The multiple accounts were due to me having trouble logging in rather than any malicious intent on my part. Sorry about that.

Re the visa experience. New London embassy was fine. Arrived 30 mins before but still a sizeable queue and limited shelter so bring an umbrella.

Once you get in, another queue where you are given a ticket and instructed to wait in the first floor area. Short wait of about 10 minutes to first kiosk where paperwork was reviewed and fingerprints taken. Instructed to pay fee at cashier desk then waited at the opposite side of floor for interview.

Waited about 45 mins then seen a friendly person who looked through paperwork and asked a few simple questions. Eg ‘tell me about who you will be managing’ ‘what will your annual salary be’ and to my spouse ‘how long have you been married’. Then a simple ‘your visa is approved and will be returned within a week, enjoy your stay’. So all in all about 2 hours and that was a lunchtime appointment so imagine would be quicker if an early one.

Note there did not seem to be any refreshments available - no vending machine or water fountain so you may want to take something with you. Everyone was polite and friendly and the whole experience was painless. The anticipation was worse!
Old Mar 19th 2018, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Blair2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah thank you much appreciated! I know I will be bricking it if I get to the embassy interview stage so good to know about recent experiences people had at the embassy!
Old Mar 25th 2018, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

droidguy72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blair2.0
Ah thank you much appreciated! I know I will be bricking it if I get to the embassy interview stage so good to know about recent experiences people had at the embassy!
Don't stress about it. Be honest, straightforward, and pay attention. I had my L1B blanket visa approved last week and passport returned to me in 3 days. Very similar to the experience described above. All I was asked was a brief description of my job role.

Last edited by droidguy72; Mar 25th 2018 at 9:06 pm.