L1-A Visa VS E-2 Visa

Old Jan 17th 2013, 4:13 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1-A Visa VS E-2 Visa

Originally Posted by sakabaro
I guess the main question to ask is if you can renew an E-2 after been denied a PR. If it's the case, E-2 is better than L1-A as it's easier to get as an individual, renew more easily and you don't have to maintain business in your home country. I guess that's complicated.
You can certainly apply. However, it's not unknown for E2ers to be refused a renewal and be stuck outside with their business, house and belongings remaining in the US.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 4:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

As an individual you would not be applying for a L anyway.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

sakabaro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatbrit
You can certainly apply. However, it's not unknown for E2ers to be refused a renewal and be stuck outside with their business, house and belongings remaining in the US.
That is not good. Do you know if anyone have been denied because they have tried to make an application to a green card?
Old Jan 17th 2013, 4:11 pm
Passport Collector

dreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond repute

That is not good. Do you know if anyone have been denied because they have tried to make an application to a green card?
If you apply for a renewal from within the US with USCIS, generally a pending/denied application for permanent residence is not a problem. If at a consulate abroad, it depends on the facts. E-2 visa is known as a semi-dual-intent visa.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
As an individual you would not be applying for a L anyway.
What do you mean? Like if you are the CEO of your home company and you are moving as CEO to a US company that you own directly (Affiliate relationship, sharing the same parent, you) or that you own through your home company (I guess mother/branch relationship), isn't it okay?
Old Jan 17th 2013, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dreamercon
If you apply for a renewal from within the US with USCIS, generally a pending/denied application for permanent residence is not a problem. If at a consulate abroad, it depends on the facts. E-2 visa is known as a semi-dual-intent visa.
I see, so I guess that doesn't condemn you to be denied also an E-2 if you get denied permanent residence. Sounds not so bad.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 4:21 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

E2ers tend not to congregate on this board. Try http://www.thefloridaforums.com/ for more recent experiences.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 4:30 pm
Account Closed

What do you mean? Like if you are the CEO of your home company and you are moving as CEO to a US company that you own directly (Affiliate relationship, sharing the same parent, you) or that you own through your home company (I guess mother/branch relationship), isn't it okay?
L's are for multi national companies moving staff, if you are a CEO I guess you would have some lacky sort it out.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatbrit
E2ers tend not to congregate on this board. Try http://www.thefloridaforums.com/ for more recent experiences.
Oo, that's forum is pretty good, I've also posted there. Thanks for the link man!
Old Jan 18th 2013, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
L's are for multi national companies moving staff, if you are a CEO I guess you would have some lacky sort it out.
I was thinking it can used for executives too? I guess what is weird is basically you are moving yourself.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 3:46 pm
Account Closed

I was thinking it can used for executives too? I guess what is weird is basically you are moving yourself.
The Company is moving an employee.