Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

L1 visa processing time and denials

L1 visa processing time and denials

Old May 11th 2009, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

UKinNYC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L1 visa processing time and denials

Hi All,

I am currently on an L1 that expired on friday. I have filed an extension at the vermont office (not under premium processing) which gives me upto 250 days extra on my visa or until they adjudicate. A very long story but i have a H1 that starts in Oct but i need the L1 extension to see me through to Oct 1st.

I have been advised that a denial is likely because not many l1-b extensions are being approved at the moment for people in country.

Why question is: Does anybody know approximately how long it is taking for cases to be reviewed and decision given at the Vermont office for L1's? Are these times longer currently as H1's are being processed?

Also if the L1 extension is denied and i leave and go and work back in the UK for a number of weeks/months can i enter the US on the visa waiver program to visit the US for business and personal reasons prior to Oct 1st or would my denial cause me to be unable to do that?

thanks in advance for any info.

Last edited by UKinNYC; May 11th 2009 at 5:56 pm.