L1 Visa - embassy interview

Old Aug 11th 2009, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Welsh_girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L1 Visa - embassy interview

Hi all,

I have a question for those who have been to the US Embassy in London for their interviews.

Do we need to take the original application form and documents with us or will a faxed copy suffice?
My husband's company in the US has been dealing with oour application and they have all of the original documentation. Our appointment is next Friday but we were hoping to get a cancellation appointment and go earlier if possible...

Thanks in advance,
Sara
Old Aug 11th 2009, 5:22 pm
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1 Visa - embassy interview

Originally Posted by Welsh_girl
Hi all,

I have a question for those who have been to the US Embassy in London for their interviews.

Do we need to take the original application form and documents with us or will a faxed copy suffice?
My husband's company in the US has been dealing with oour application and they have all of the original documentation. Our appointment is next Friday but we were hoping to get a cancellation appointment and go earlier if possible...

Thanks in advance,
Sara
I'm not sure what the official answer is to this, but I would take absolutely everything you have, just in case. I'm sure someone who actually knows the legal answer will be along shortly to let you know 100%.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

emartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: L1 Visa - embassy interview

Originally Posted by Welsh_girl
It depends on what you mean by "original application forms." You need to bring the original DS-156 and DS-157 (if applicable). If the company filed an I-129 petition through CIS, you need to bring copies of that filing. The original signed forms were filed with CIS, so you couldn't get copies. If the company is applying via a blanket L-1, you should have the original signed I-129S and company letter.