L1 and L2 Visas when can we move.

Old Jun 29th 2019, 3:09 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1 and L2 Visas when can we move.

I agree with Retzie - I have worked with lower level employees and VIP employees of major corps. Although, in all cases as far as I can recall, they all had some sort of health insurance provided from day 1 if not day of arrival.
Relocation packages are worked out with global mobility in HR (or outsourced) mostly according to job grade and there is very little negotiation to be made within the packages.If you are the employee pushing for the move to the USA then you may well be offered a lower level of package with fewer benefits.
GC sponsorship is usually offered at the outset if the move to the USA is intended to be a one-way one. There may be requirements to be met such as:
  1. minimum length of work on temp visa
  2. repayment of costs -not visa costs- if employee leaves within a certain time frame
In any case, I think it doesn't hurt to ask if GC sponsorship be included in the package, especially if there are children in the family.
When we moved to the USA, we were given just about everything we requested and an amount to cover incidentals. At the same time some new grads from ?China were given a one-way ticket and that was it. I don't know how they managed for the first 2 weeks until they got paid!
You may be offered a cash amount to sort out some/all of the relocation yourselves, you may be given the full works package where it's all done for you. Just bear in mind that the cash amount is usually the amount that HR know you will need to do this so maybe don't expect to make a profit from this.
this would be my list for a family with a 7 year old.
1 temporary accommodation for at least 2 weeks after arrival ( if no pre-move trip authorised). Temporary accommodation can be expensive and not very pleasant. The relocation companies get much better corporate rates in much nicer places. Getting this organised somewhere near to where you would like to live or if you don't know that , near to work will help you save $$$ over the next year finding the right place at the right price instead of just having to jump on the first available house/apartment.
2.rental car for a month. You're in the USA, you need a car.
3.Cash (grossed up) to cover incidentals - all those household electrics, new car(s) etc quickly add up. Not to mention that you may well lose money on selling current car/stopping phone service etc.
4. Destination assistance to find a house/school and get registered for school, if possible, help with Driver's license/SSN
5. if you are senior enough, getting flights back home. Note, most people don't get this.