L1-B Blanket Visa with no degree

Old Jan 10th 2024, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Muff90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: L1-B Blanket Visa with no degree

Originally Posted by LiamH86
Hello -

I've worked for one of the top US investment banks for 4 years in the London office (prior to that I worked in insurance for 2 1/2 years) and they now want me to move to our Chicago office. I've received the job offer and have accepted and i'm now just starting the visa process.

The visa they want me to go for is the L1-B blanket visa, but they are saying that without a degree or 12 years work experience they can't send me to the embassy for an interview. From my research a degree isn't required for an L1-B visa and i find no info on previous work experience. They've mentioned the possibility of applying to USCIS, but apparently this takes longer (no issue with me) and is far less likely to get accepted

I've got a few questions, so i can get a better understanding of my position. If i've missed anything please feel free to let me know.

Is there a steadfast rule which means a blanket application will get rejected for lack of degree/12 years experience?
Is the USCIS route less likely to work?
Is USCIS essentially an individual application with a company sponsor?
Is there a screening process with both blanket/USCIS before i get to the embassy?
Will i have to go for a visa interview at the embassy with both routes?

Many Thanks in advance
Liam

hi liam do you update on this? Did you successfully push through blanket with work plus edu combination? I am in similar situation
Old Jan 10th 2024, 3:00 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1-B Blanket Visa with no degree

Originally Posted by Muff90
hi liam do you update on this? Did you successfully push through blanket with work plus edu combination? I am in similar situation
You are responding to a thread from 2018. Don't be surprised if the OP doesn't answer.

Rene