Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

L.A. Current Visa Processing Times?

L.A. Current Visa Processing Times?

Old Oct 22nd 2010, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

erose67 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L.A. Current Visa Processing Times?

So using the handy dandy little gidget on the website it shows that, in August, almost 60% of settlement visa apps were processed out of the L.A. office within 15 working days. Does anyone have any direct recent experience with timing for a spouse visa?

We are getting married on Monday, will submit our online app on Tuesday, do Biometrics as soon as an appt is available and send paperwork in, using premium processing, the next day. So, hopefully, everything will be there by the end of next week. I have written my sponsor cover letter, I have started to build a folder with everything clearly labeled, using a divider for each section and an extra copy of each document.

I have a firm job offer (copy of contract included in packet) with a very good salary. We don't have much in the way of savings but won't need it due to the job offer. Husband will begin looking for work immediately and we already have a couple of leads for him to follow up on. Accommodation I have the Land Registry and a letter from my Mum saying we can stay rent free until we find a place to live. Should I include a budget showing what our expected outgoings will be once we find a place to live - or just what they will be while we stay with Mum?

I want to give as much information as possible in the (fingers crossed, many prayers) hope that we can get it back by December 1. Any advice anyone can give on what seems to make things go through more smoothly would be very much appreciated!!