L-2 Documents Required London

Old May 5th 2019, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Default L-2 Documents Required London

Hey,

My wife will be shortly flying back to the UK to attend her L-2 visa appointment at the London embassy. I'm staying in the US and won't be travelling back with her but am helping prepare the pack of documents she needs to take with her.

So far we've got:

Her Passport
Visa Photos
Appointment Confirmation
DS-160
Original Marriage Certificate
2 x My Blanket I-797
2 x My Approved I-129S
Copy of my passport's biographic page
Copy of my passport's L-1B Visa Stamp
My latest I-94

I'm 95% sure that covers everything, but would put my mind at rest that I've run it passed the britishexpat forum hive mind. Is there anything I've left out?

Old May 5th 2019, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

TexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L-2 Documents Required London

Do L-2 dependents require a Police certificate?
Old May 5th 2019, 5:11 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TexanScot
Do L-2 dependents require a Police certificate?
No, L visas are non-immigrant. Immigrant visas always require a police certificate, non-immigrant only if you have to answer yes to the arrests/convictions question.
Old May 6th 2019, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh no police certificate required thankfully.
Old May 6th 2019, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeneralPowerpoint
Hey,

My wife will be shortly flying back to the UK to attend her L-2 visa appointment at the London embassy. I'm staying in the US and won't be travelling back with her but am helping prepare the pack of documents she needs to take with her.

So far we've got:

Her Passport
Visa Photos
Appointment Confirmation
DS-160
Original Marriage Certificate
2 x My Blanket I-797
2 x My Approved I-129S
Copy of my passport's biographic page
Copy of my passport's L-1B Visa Stamp
My latest I-94

I'm 95% sure that covers everything, but would put my mind at rest that I've run it passed the britishexpat forum hive mind. Is there anything I've left out?
I had to do this a few years back to get a L-2 visa. I took a copy of my spouses L-1 visa, marriage certificate, I-797 and that was it. L-2s are super easy and very black and white. You get one if you're married to a L-1. So prove your spouse has a valid L-1, and prove you're married. That's it.
Old May 7th 2019, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hawkini
I had to do this a few years back to get a L-2 visa. I took a copy of my spouses L-1 visa, marriage certificate, I-797 and that was it. L-2s are super easy and very black and white. You get one if you're married to a L-1. So prove your spouse has a valid L-1, and prove you're married. That's it.

Thanks, good to know!
Old May 8th 2019, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

seraph211 is an unknown quantity at this point

Marriage certificate is must.
Consulate also asked my wife(L2) for education background(verbal) then resume(paper document) every time. She got 221g twice, although she had been housewife for 10 years.
Old May 13th 2019, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Visa approved.

Can confirm they asked to see a copy of my L-1B visa stamp and literally nothing else.

Didn't even ask to see the marriage certificate!