L-1B Visa Interview

Old Aug 1st 2014, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Lucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L-1B Visa Interview

Originally Posted by Dharun
WOW! That's very fast! Congrats!. It seems they fixed the backlog issue. by the way, It is a very well summary of your experience in the consulate which will be very useful for many!

and I assume your interview date is 28 and the passport can be collected tommorrow?
Thank you - I'm glad it was useful. I know I hungrily read any updates on others' experiences beforehand, which is why I posted everything we went through why it was still fresh in my mind!

Yes, the interview was on Monday 28th and we arranged for our passports to be couriered. I'll post again when they arrive.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Dharun is an unknown quantity at this point

Ours status changed to Issued today. However my kids status still remains as admin processing.

Don't know why their status not updated yet
Old Aug 1st 2014, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Lucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond repute

Just checked, and our kids' are the same - no update since 29th. Very odd, but sure it's OK, as theirs are just a formality.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

I was expecting the passport to be collected in the courier pickup station by tuesday and now not sure when will I actually receive the passport.

Is there a way to track the passport delivery by application or passport number?
Old Aug 1st 2014, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

John4688 is an unknown quantity at this point

We got an email today with our passport sent to courier and a tracking number. But our ceac status still says ap! Phone the courier you are getting it delivered to they can look it up by your name.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Thats relives a bit. Could you please let me know duration taken by consulate to hand it over to courier? (Issued -> Handover to courier)
Old Aug 1st 2014, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

John4688 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our status still says ap
Old Aug 1st 2014, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

o.k I will call up the courier company tomorrow.
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Red face Re: L-1B Visa Interview

Called them and they told its not yet been handed over... It seems I need to get the tracking number email
Old Aug 4th 2014, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

londonj is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

I had my O-1b visa interview and found this thread so helpful I thought I'd post my experience too.

My interview was 8am so I arrived at 6.45am, I was third in the queue. I was let inside the embassy at about 8am and waited about 5mins to be called to a little window where I gave my passport and other documents in. I then sat back down in the same waiting room. I waited a further 15ish mins to be called to the second set of windows.

I was met by a very friendly American lady who asked what I would be doing in America. I decided to only answer the questions I was asked so answered this with just my job title. She then asked me to explain what the job is which I summarised in to 3 or 4 sentences. She then said 'this visa is for a person of exceptional skill can you tell me why you are exceptional, have you won any awards?' I again gave a fairly short answer with my most impressive accomplishments. Finally she asked again for a description of the job and started typing, I assume she was writing down what I said which again was only a couple of sentences.

That was it, she said the visa would be processed in 5 - 7 days!!!

I asked about the problems with printing and she said there have been problems and are dealing with the backlog now which is why it will take 5 - 7 days rather than 3 - 5.

I was out of the embassy by 8.30am! The staff were all super friendly and organised. Brilliant!
Old Aug 4th 2014, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Wow - that was so much better than ours!! Congratulations!!!

Latest update on ours is that the children's have finally moved from AP to Issued, so I'm hoping they'll all be on their way here soon. Still hoping to fly on Monday, although obviously not booked flights yet!!
Old Aug 4th 2014, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

My Kids status also changed to issued but still no emails about tracking number. Based on others experience, I should get it by tomorrow hopefully!
Old Aug 5th 2014, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Just got the email that our visas have been passed to the courier, and according to tracking number should be with us tomorrow - woohoo!!!
Old Aug 5th 2014, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

WalkingInMemphis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lucybell33
Wow - that was so much better than ours!! Congratulations!!!

Latest update on ours is that the children's have finally moved from AP to Issued, so I'm hoping they'll all be on their way here soon. Still hoping to fly on Monday, although obviously not booked flights yet!!
Our appointment in London last week was mid-morning but we were tipped off by a friend that the ticketing system is first come first served so we got to the embassy at 8:30am. Definitely good to get their early! We were through in about 3.5 hours.

Our passports with Visa arrived back quickly. 5 days from interview to return.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

I also got the tracking numbers and it should be ready for pickup tomorrow!. I need to see the visa stamping duration (should be 5 years I suppose) and they returned the stamped petition copy!

Cheers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.