Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

L-1A visa and changing role within same company

L-1A visa and changing role within same company

Old Nov 19th 2015, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Funstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond repute
Default L-1A visa and changing role within same company

Hi all

Is there any issue with changing roles within the same company on an L-1A visa?

I have an opportunity for another role but I am worried how it will work with my visa? The new role is a job change but it's still a management role (moreso than the role I have ended up doing now). Location is the same but title, level (it's essentially a promotion into a new org) and possibly (I am hoping) salary will all change.

Could this be an issue with the L-1A visa?
Old Nov 19th 2015, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

1004ron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: L-1A visa and changing role within same company

If it's with the same company and the basics of the petition are much the same, it should not be an issue, but your company's immigration lawyers would know best.

I'm on an L-1A and have changed roles with the same company, and Fragomen saw no issue with that.
I managed a small team of engineers, and after completion of the project stayed on as a consultant to the client.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L-1A visa and changing role within same company

While I was on my L1 I had 3 totally different positions in 7 years to the one I transferred over as and it made no difference to my renewals. Fragoman or other good immigration lawyers know how the renewal applications need to be phrased to make sure you get one.