Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

L-1a to Green Card processing route?

L-1a to Green Card processing route?

Old Nov 2nd 2018, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

NewStarter has a reputation beyond reputeNewStarter has a reputation beyond reputeNewStarter has a reputation beyond reputeNewStarter has a reputation beyond reputeNewStarter has a reputation beyond reputeNewStarter has a reputation beyond reputeNewStarter has a reputation beyond reputeNewStarter has a reputation beyond reputeNewStarter has a reputation beyond reputeNewStarter has a reputation beyond reputeNewStarter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L-1a to Green Card processing route?

Thanks for this. If they become "current", does that mean that anyone can apply for AOS (should the be approved or qualify) regardless of priority date?
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Millski is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup, you've got it. Once a category becomes current, all priority dates are covered.
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

NewStarter has a reputation beyond reputeNewStarter has a reputation beyond reputeNewStarter has a reputation beyond reputeNewStarter has a reputation beyond reputeNewStarter has a reputation beyond reputeNewStarter has a reputation beyond reputeNewStarter has a reputation beyond reputeNewStarter has a reputation beyond reputeNewStarter has a reputation beyond reputeNewStarter has a reputation beyond reputeNewStarter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millski
Yup, you've got it. Once a category becomes current, all priority dates are covered.
Thanks for the info. Got an email from my paralegal today saying they are shocked that I-140 was approved in just 18 day but they seem happy!
Old Nov 13th 2018, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Just tagging my timeline onto this thread as quite a lot has happened since my last post. I decided to go down the AOS route rather than consular processing. My timeline is as follows:

I-140 received / priority date: 06/09/2017
I-140 approved: 02/17/2018
I-485 / I-485J / I-765 / I-131 receipt date: 05/31/2018
Biometrics notice date: 06/08/2018
Biometrics completed: 06/25/2018
"I-693 not submitted" courtesy letter: 08/27/2018
I-765 / I-131 approval notice date: 09/05/2018
Interview scheduled notice date: 09/10/2018
Medical completed: 09/17/2018
Interview completed and I-693 submitted: 10/15/2018
I-485J approval notice date: 10/15/2018

I'm now stuck in retrogression. I wasn't expecting the I-485J approval notice which showed up yesterday (10/19/2018); for a fleeting second I thought it was my I-485 which had been approved!
With the release of the December visa bulletin just now the final action date has jumped 3 months to July 1st 2017 and my priority date will (just!) be current. What is likely to happen next? Will my case be picked back up again and processed automatically or should I be actively pursuing USCIS to make sure my case hasn't slipped into some sort of immigration purgatory? I haven't received any sort of notification that my case has been transferred from the Houston field office to either the TSC or NBC as per the 'notice of interview results' I received after the interview, so maybe it's still there?

I'd love to be able to go home for Christmas, but I'd imagine my chances are still pretty slim!

Last edited by Millski; Nov 13th 2018 at 2:50 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2018, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NewStarter
Thanks for the info. Got an email from my paralegal today saying they are shocked that I-140 was approved in just 18 day but they seem happy!
On November 1st my receipt number read - "My case was Approved"
On November 19th my receipt number read - "Case was received my USCIS is reviewing it"

lol, say what?
Old Nov 27th 2018, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

On November 1st my receipt number read - "My case was Approved"
On November 19th my receipt number read - "Case was received my USCIS is reviewing it"

lol, say what?
Where are you getting this information? The case status checker? Have you or your attorney received the I-797 approval notice for your I-140? If so I wouldn't place too much faith in the online trackers, the one system hasn't updated my information since June 26th when my review of fingerprints was completed....a fair bit has happened since then! The myUSCIS system seems to be a bit more accurate.
Old Nov 27th 2018, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Where are you getting this information? The case status checker? Have you or your attorney received the I-797 approval notice for your I-140? If so I wouldn't place too much faith in the online trackers, the one system hasn't updated my information since June 26th when my review of fingerprints was completed....a fair bit has happened since then! The myUSCIS system seems to be a bit more accurate.
Yes I just looked out of Curiosity and it said "we received your correspondence regarding your case on November 19th"

I emailed Lawyers about this and they said:

"Our attorneys noticed a clerical error when we received your approval form so requested a new approval form from USCIS. Your case was approved, and we don't anticipate that status will change. The I-797 approval notice that arrived in our office, however, showed an incorrect preference category for your case that didn't match the correct preference category listed on your receipt notice. This is the issue we brought to USCIS's attention, which I assume this is why you've noticed the change online"

Any idea what this means in plain English? God I hope I don't go to the bottom of the pile again, also technically I am should still be approved, I guess?
Old Nov 27th 2018, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Sounds like it should be just a formality, I'd consider registering on both of the tracking websites and setting text/email alerts so that you know as soon as there's any updates:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/displayLogon.do

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/
Old Dec 25th 2018, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

With the release of the December visa bulletin just now the final action date has jumped 3 months to July 1st 2017 and my priority date will (just!) be current. What is likely to happen next? Will my case be picked back up again and processed automatically or should I be actively pursuing USCIS to make sure my case hasn't slipped into some sort of immigration purgatory? I haven't received any sort of notification that my case has been transferred from the Houston field office to either the TSC or NBC as per the 'notice of interview results' I received after the interview, so maybe it's still there?

I'd love to be able to go home for Christmas, but I'd imagine my chances are still pretty slim!
Finally the update I've been waiting to give! Yesterday I received a notification letter stating that my I-485 was approved on Dec 19th and my GC should be arriving in about 3 weeks, probably one of the better Christmas presents that I've had!!!

I actually managed to book an infopass appointment at the Houston field office this Friday just gone, at about 10pm on Thursday evening I received a notification that my case had been updated; myUSCIS said "interview cancelled and notice ordered", no mention of approval. Luckily I had the infopass booked and the officer gave me the good news. Still won't completely relax until that GC is in my sweaty mitts though!!

Anyways, Merry Christmas to everyone on BE!!
Old Dec 25th 2018, 1:34 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. You were indeed given a gift as I thought that all work visa to green card applicants were required to attend an interview. Merry Christmas.
Old Dec 25th 2018, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Rete! I had my interview on October 15th, which is why the cancellation notice was a bit of a surprise. A few people on Trackitt have reported the same thing happening, who knows how the system works?!
Old Dec 25th 2018, 3:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Now that is a surprise. Sounds like someone was partying too hard when they put in those messages.
Old Dec 31st 2018, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Green card arrived on Saturday! All told my AOS has taken a smidge under 8 months, and that was with retrogression. In the end I think AOS was the right choice versus consular processing. Breathing a huge sigh of relief!!
Old Jan 1st 2019, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Green card arrived on Saturday! All told my AOS has taken a smidge under 8 months, and that was with retrogression. In the end I think AOS was the right choice versus consular processing. Breathing a huge sigh of relief!!
Nice god knows how long mine will take. I guess I need to wait until October 10th becomes current to start AOS. My L1 status ends in about 360 days in Jan 2020.
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

Nice god knows how long mine will take. I guess I need to wait until October 10th becomes current to start AOS. My L1 status ends in about 360 days in Jan 2020.
I'm just waiting on the date to become current as well (think my date is a few weeks before yours). My first 3 year L1A is until 19th September, so time to renew if needed. The dates have been slowly catching up on the Bulletin, so hopefully in the next one or two will be time to file the AOS.

Last edited by robtuck; Jan 3rd 2019 at 6:53 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.