Kids on canadian passports

Old Jul 27th 2010, 2:30 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold
Default Kids on canadian passports

Hi all

My two children have Canadian passports and we will be traveling to the UK on one way tickets at the end of the year. Should we get British passports for them or will my birth certificate be enough to prove they are eligible to become citizens of the UK. British passports are so expensive, I was hoping to avoid the cost but obviously don't want any problems at customs. Thanks.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 3:02 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids on canadian passports

Don't you have time to get them UK passports, or get a stamp in the canadian one?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lilybilly101
Hi all

My two children have Canadian passports and we will be traveling to the UK on one way tickets at the end of the year. Should we get British passports for them or will my birth certificate be enough to prove they are eligible to become citizens of the UK. British passports are so expensive, I was hoping to avoid the cost but obviously don't want any problems at customs. Thanks.
I got my 2 Canadian born kids their UK passports before leaving Canada (they already had Canadian passports) I know it's costly but it's one less thing to worry about when you get off the plane.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 4:33 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Get the passports. I would. Put it this way: you want to make it as easy as possible for yourselves once you get off that plane. If we ever went back to NZ I'd get kid NZ passport for the same reason.

Last edited by ExKiwilass; Jul 27th 2010 at 4:36 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 12:17 am
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
Get the passports. I would. Put it this way: you want to make it as easy as possible for yourselves once you get off that plane. If we ever went back to NZ I'd get kid NZ passport for the same reason.
We got the Brit passport photos done today and they say it'll take 4 weeks or so. Hopefully they'll arrive on time.......unlike the waiting game on the residency card renewal! Only another 186 days if you got it in before Feb 8th.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 3:09 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

We got the Brit passport photos done today and they say it'll take 4 weeks or so. Hopefully they'll arrive on time.......unlike the waiting game on the residency card renewal! Only another 186 days if you got it in before Feb 8th.
HAR.

I am so screwed. My plan was to get c'ship before PR card ran out. Fail, and fail.

oh well.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

I would get British Passports as you have plenty of time....good luck and hows "baby" sleeping through yet?