(K1) Waiting on DS2001

Old Aug 21st 2010, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

BenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really nice
Default (K1) Waiting on DS2001

Good morning all!
Long time no post, been crazy busy!
Just a quick question about the DS2001/letter from the US Embassy in London.
My USC fiancée had a letter from USCIS notifying her that the petition had been passed to NVC and would be with them in a week. This was at the beginning of July - 6th springs to mind - but I've heard nothing this end yet.
Is 6+ weeks typical? Or is there something delaying at this or that end that you know of? (I understand it's the end of summer vacation time too)
Many thanks, B
Old Aug 21st 2010, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Fingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really nice
Default Re: (K1) Waiting on DS2001

Hi,

My USC had the NOA at around the same time and then I got my letter a couple of weeks later. It might be worth you/your USC putting in a call. There should be a helpline number (for UCSIS) on the original NOA your fiancé got when UCSIS confirmed receipt of the petition. London contact details on the website.
http://london.usembassy.gov/contact.html.

PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong but just out of interest, where is the DS2001 coming into this? I thought the DS2001 was something the UKC submits to the embassy once all your supporting docs were gathered. Upon receipt they arrange the interview time for you?
Old Aug 21st 2010, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

BenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fingers crossed
PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong but just out of interest, where is the DS2001 coming into this? I thought the DS2001 was something the UKC submits to the embassy once all your supporting docs were gathered. Upon receipt they arrange the interview time for you?
Hi, thanks :-) The DS2001 is the checklist I have to submit in readiness (I am UKC) and I've already got a copy from elsewhere to collate the information and understand what's coming up. What I need is the LND case number to book the medical :-)
sorry for any confusion! B
Old Aug 21st 2010, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Fingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really nice

Hmm. Is the London case number not on the NOA? I guess not or you wouldn’t be asking....Get hold of your A# from the NOA then give London a call. Even if they can’t tell you anything I would hope the call triggers someone to check if the letter has been sent to you or not.
Old Aug 21st 2010, 1:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm. Is the London case number not on the NOA? I guess not or you wouldn’t be asking....Get hold of your A# from the NOA then give London a call. Even if they can’t tell you anything I would hope the call triggers someone to check if the letter has been sent to you or not.
The first step I'd take is to have the USC call NVC to see if the case has indeed left that building.

If it has, then contact London to find out if it arrived there, and if they've done anything with it.

Rene
Old Aug 21st 2010, 7:08 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

My USC had the NOA at around the same time and then I got my letter a couple of weeks later. It might be worth you/your USC putting in a call. There should be a helpline number (for UCSIS) on the original NOA your fiancé got when UCSIS confirmed receipt of the petition. London contact details on the website.
http://london.usembassy.gov/contact.html.

Once the petition I-129f or I-130 is approved, the USCIS is out of it.

The NVC/National Visa Center is part of Dept of State/DOS.

Calling USCIS won't help, but contacting the NVC like Rene suggests is probably the best first stop.
The timeline still seems within normal to me though. You need to allow at least a month for the case to get from USCIS to London.

Last edited by Noorah101; Aug 22nd 2010 at 4:53 pm. Reason: sorry meauxna, fixed the I-129F numbers :)