Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Just looking for little info regarding Administrative Processing and couple other ?

Just looking for little info regarding Administrative Processing and couple other ?

Old Apr 3rd 2017, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Akka87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just looking for little info regarding Administrative Processing and couple other ?

Hi all new to the forum I currently went for a visa on Friday. as I was denied a esta due to driving offences when I was younger.. I was approved. the interview said my passport would be ready in 5 days but it's shows Administrative Processing on my ds160 status is this normal .. also unfortunately my father in law was refused entry as not enough ties back home even tho he's had 2 visa before.. we are booked to go in may he's been told they would try and approve for a visa waiver but we know it will be at least 6 months before he recives that so he has cut his losses

what happens on the other side when we land do I get taken off and re interviewed etc just traveling with my young daughter and partner. She's worried she will be stuck trying to get all luggage etc with the little one.. as we would have other family members to help if my farther in law want refused

Sorry about the poor grammar and spelling not the brightest lad
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 8:38 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just looking for little info regarding Administrative Processing and couple other

Lots of visa applications go through an "administrative processing" step. It might take two days to chsnge, or it might take two years. Some never come out of administrative processing! For a case like yours, being in administrative processing us nothing to worry about.

The likelihood is that on arrival in the US you will be processed immediately at the immigration desk. It is unlikely that you would be sent to "secondary" for another interview.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 1:01 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just looking for little info regarding Administrative Processing and couple other

Administrative processing is a blanket term for "your case isn't finished and your visa hasn't been printed yet". It covers everything from "we are printing your visa" to "we are investigating your background". All applications go through AP even if it's just for the 30 mins or so it takes for someone to open your file and do whatever is needed to actually print the visa (fill out the fields on the template, line up the photo, etc).
Old Apr 4th 2017, 5:55 am
Just Joined

Thank you for the replies it's put my partners mind abit at ease as she thinks when we land I will be ushered off for couple hours re interviewed etc
Old Apr 4th 2017, 12:13 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Akka87
Thank you for the replies it's put my partners mind abit at ease as she thinks when we land I will be ushered off for couple hours re interviewed etc
Yeah, you should be fine - the immigration officers in "secondary" at airports are there primarily to deal with issues as they arise, and not re-perform visa interviews. And remember, don't say anything at the immigration desk unless asked - and then answer briefly (and of course honestly), addressing only the question asked. In other words, if not asked about the reason for your visa, don't mention it.

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 4th 2017 at 12:17 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Thank you just hope my visa takes the 5days like they said thank you for your replies