just got back....

Old Jul 19th 2003, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

BCBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default just got back....

Just got back from ten days in the UK, catching up with the family etc (took last minute advantage of the seat sale air canada is having...long may they have huge financial troubles!!!)
What can I say...it was fantastic to go back! Yes I know that it was just for a holiday/break, but my wife and i are more determined than ever to get out of this smug, backward, inward looking place that where we are currently living (thats BC, Canada) and get back to the UK.
I have to say as well that contrary to some of the posters who use this forum I found that all the people i caught up with were living extremely contented lives in the UK. People seem to be doing fine financially, the job market is holding up, there so many things to do, it was great having so much choice available for cultural attractions, we were able to walk for miles through beautiful countyside with barely another person in site, etc etc. It was a bit sad having to come back here, but we're putting in place our plans for our 'escape'....hopefully by the years end we'll be out of here, depending on the jobs, house sales etc. (and we also came back incidentally to find the next door neighbour had had his jeep stolen, and that anothe house across the street had been broken into...yes i know crime happens everywhere...)
To all planning on moving back.....good luck, hope it works out for you!
Old Jul 21st 2003, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

polishvisitor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good Deal

I lived in Canada now I live in USA but I would come back today to europe if I only could, Iam from Poland so it is difficutl to find someting decent , but you people are fortunate in UK
I would do the same , Jealous
Peter
Old Jul 21st 2003, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Jennie2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great Post BCBOY!

As you know I was there a few months ago and agree with everything you say.

I loved it and I'm sorry that the whole family didn't come with me. The only thing that is keeping us where we are right now is the fact that we have our our business and don't know how hard it would be to relocate that to the UK.

Anyway, I hope you are successful in whatever decision you make and I wish you all the best!
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

muppetking is on a distinguished road
Default Re: just got back....

Originally posted by BCBOY
Just got back from ten days in the UK, catching up with the family etc (took last minute advantage of the seat sale air canada is having...long may they have huge financial troubles!!!)
What can I say...it was fantastic to go back! Yes I know that it was just for a holiday/break, but my wife and i are more determined than ever to get out of this smug, backward, inward looking place that where we are currently living (thats BC, Canada) and get back to the UK.
I have to say as well that contrary to some of the posters who use this forum I found that all the people i caught up with were living extremely contented lives in the UK. People seem to be doing fine financially, the job market is holding up, there so many things to do, it was great having so much choice available for cultural attractions, we were able to walk for miles through beautiful countyside with barely another person in site, etc etc. It was a bit sad having to come back here, but we're putting in place our plans for our 'escape'....hopefully by the years end we'll be out of here, depending on the jobs, house sales etc. (and we also came back incidentally to find the next door neighbour had had his jeep stolen, and that anothe house across the street had been broken into...yes i know crime happens everywhere...)
To all planning on moving back.....good luck, hope it works out for you!
My wife has recently returned from 6 weeks in England and could well have written your post word for word BC Boy! Living in BC sounds little diffeent form NZ to be honest! We too are planning on returning in the near future...good luck to you!
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

catswhiskers is an unknown quantity at this point

The grass is always greener isn't it. I've been there, done that and lived to regret it. I emigrated to NZ in 1985 and hated it, returned to the UK in 1990 and hated that too. I am engaged to an American and can't wait to get out of the UK for good. I work in London so perhaps that has something to do with it - I absolutely detest the travelling - trains, buses, underground - and driving is a nightmare anywhere. I won't be sorry to leave the UK at all.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

BCBOY is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies...and as I said before, to all planning on moving back, I hope it all works out for you!