Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Just filed I-90 form via internet (e-file) and...

Just filed I-90 form via internet (e-file) and...

Old Aug 21st 2006, 7:08 am
Just Joined

maria665 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just filed I-90 form via internet (e-file) and...

hi all

this is my first post here and i really hope somebody can help me...

I just filed I90 form via internet.(and paid a fee again,but thats another story...)

One question on form say-

City of residence where you applied for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status
OR
Consulate where immigrant visa was issued or USCIS office where status was adjusted.

i filed only "consulate" section cuz our status was adjusted in consulate in europe.

BUT now when i look at PAPER form of I-90 this two question are in separated section and THERE IS NO WORD "OR"!!

That mean that section with first question (City of residence where you applied for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status) i left blank!!!

Now,im confused,and im scared because i filed two application (my parents) in same way,is it now big deal if this section is blank?
Also on their site when u file form there is word "OR" between this two questions.!
If i did wrong,will they only contact me to get that missing info or they will denied our aplications?

Thanx in advance!
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

maria665 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just filed I-90 form via internet (e-file) and...

wow so many answers!
cant decide which one to read first!
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 7:23 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maria665
hi all

I just filed I90 form via internet.(and paid a fee again,but thats another story...)

City of residence where you applied for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status
OR
Consulate where immigrant visa was issued or USCIS office where status was adjusted.

i filed only "consulate" section cuz our status was adjusted in consulate in europe.

BUT now when i look at PAPER form of I-90 this two question are in separated section and THERE IS NO WORD "OR"!!

That mean that section with first question (City of residence where you applied for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status) i left blank!!!

Now,im confused,and im scared because i filed two application (my parents) in same way,is it now big deal if this section is blank?
Also on their site when u file form there is word "OR" between this two questions.!
If i did wrong,will they only contact me to get that missing info or they will denied our aplications?

Thanx in advance!
Hi Maria,

Its a 50/50 kind of situation really which could depend on the person dealing with the form. They could return it to you asking you to complete this section with a "n/a" or they could just look to the section you have completed and use this as your answer. Sorry I cant be more helpful, hope it works out in your favour
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 7:59 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maria665
hi all

OR

Thanx in advance!
Hi:

I've noted that the electronic versions of some of the forms don't quite match the paper versions. I've had no problem. It pays to remember that it is "material" mistatkes that count -- there are "no harm, no foul" errors made on forms all the time.

At this time, it is "out the door" so to speak -- just relax and see what happens.