Job offer, Visas?

Old Mar 2nd 2010, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job offer, Visas?

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
But they can get the denial within 15 days which puts them ahead on the appeal process.
... and that's why it is always worth talking to an attorney who actually knows how the system works ...
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
The list you were given was a but a start.
I knew that

I should have added that an experienced lawyer would have many more questions than that.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

cathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nice

Originally Posted by md95065
Premium processing isn't going to get them there any sooner than October 1, 2010 ...
I got my H1B in 2003, with premium processing, and started work in September.

The OP might wish to be made aware that your wife will be accompanying on an H4 visa and will be unable to work under the conditions of that visa. Might not be a problem, but not everyone realises this.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
Well, nothing is certain until you actually have the visa and are admitted to the US, but I don't agree that the H1B process is "random" - if you are appropriately qualified you shouldn't have too much trouble getting a visa.
Really?

Are you able to give me a source where that can be substantiated? I am certainly not an expert but the fact that many doggy agencies are able to secure H1B's for Indian/Chinese and bench them tells me a lot about the process.

I am not playing Dr. Phil here but pointing that that from my research/knowledge H1B is a ramdom exercise. How about the fact that the 400+ applications (in a good standing economy) are never manually reviewed?

I am happy to be proved wrong if someone can point me to an 'offical' source.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by E3only
Really?
Yes.
Are you able to give me a source where that can be substantiated?
No - I speak only from my personal experience of working in the software industry in the US for over 20 years, having started out on an H1-B visa myself, having hired and worked with many people with H1-B visas and never having seen someone who was appropriately qualified be denied a visa.
I am certainly not an expert but the fact that many doggy agencies are able to secure H1B's for Indian/Chinese and bench them tells me a lot about the process.
I am not suggesting that the H1-B process is perfect and nor was I commenting on fact that some companies abuse the system (although I have to point out that abuse is not limited to Indian or Chinese workers and that pretty much all of the Indians and Chinese that I have worked with have been more than qualified for the visas and positions that they held) - I was simply responding to (and disagreeing with) what appeared to me to be an unsubstantiated and inaccurate statement that the process was "random"
I am not playing Dr. Phil here but pointing that that from my research/knowledge H1B is a ramdom exercise.
Good to see that you too speak from personal experience!
How about the fact that the 400+ applications (in a good standing economy) are never manually reviewed?
I am not quite sure which "400+" applications you are referring to here ...

Are you able to give me a source where that can be substantiated?

As far as I know the only "random" part of the H1-B process is the selection of which petitions get processed when the number of petitions exceeds the cap on the number of visas available.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madwa
What is the job?
Technical Pre Sales Consultant (IT Programming/Developer)
Currently have 4 years relevent work experience
Would that be considered a job and experience worthy of a visa? I don't know but it sounds like a job tens of thousands of people would be qualified to do that are already here.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Would that be considered a job and experience worthy of a visa? I don't know but it sounds like a job tens of thousands of people would be qualified to do that are already here.
My understanding is that if the job requires a university degree then it is usually considered a "specialty occupation" for the purposes of H1B.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

madwa is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the answers and information, its a real help.

Really appreciate it.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

The only way your company can expedite this is if they go for O1. Otherwise H1b and October it is.

This is what happened to me last year - October was considered too long for the project, so we went for the long shot and tried for the O1.

Getting the O1 was EXTREMELY difficult and based on what you have said (it sounds like you are young) it seems unlikely.

So it looks like October start for you.