J1 Visa Please help

Old Apr 30th 2014, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

damo1406 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default J1 Visa Please help

hello,

i am new to this website and it seems to give good advice so i thought i would ask a few questions as i need help with my J1 visa. I am a J1 visa returner so iv'e sent my visa application by post as i went to US embassy in Belfast last year. I live in Northern Ireland. I sent all the papers,passport and proof of return which included flight home date, letter from my parents, letter from me saying my return date and how i will be starting back to work in september. i have also added email confirmation of hotel booking which i am staying in end of august. one of the staff called me up and said the consular probably wont accept my proof of return and to get letter from employer. So i asked my employer and even tho they have took me back the last 4-5 years when i returned from america they aid legally they couldn't put on paper that they will take me back even tho they will take me back.

any advice on what to do

Thanks
Old Apr 30th 2014, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: J1 Visa Please help

Are you saying that the problem is that your employer won't confirm your employment?
Old Apr 30th 2014, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

yeah they say legally they cant even tho they will take me back but cant put it in writing.. the embassy say it would be appropriate to have a letter from n employer
Old Apr 30th 2014, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Well if they won't confirm sponsorship I don't see what you can do.
Maybe someone else can help.
Old Apr 30th 2014, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

its not the US job that wont confirm sponsorship its my employer in the UK for proof of return home
Old Apr 30th 2014, 5:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by damo1406
I am a J1 visa returner so iv'e sent my visa application by post as i went to US embassy in Belfast last year.
So you've been in the USA on a J-1 once already, last year? And this will be your second J-1 visa? What proof did you use last year for a successful J-1? Can you not use that same type of proof? It was successful once, it should be successful again.

one of the staff called me up and said the consular probably wont accept my proof of return and to get letter from employer.
One of the staff from where? The embassy? Or your J-1 employer?

So i asked my employer and even tho they have took me back the last 4-5 years when i returned from america they aid legally they couldn't put on paper that they will take me back even tho they will take me back.

any advice on what to do
Yes, turn everything in without the letter from your UK employer. What else can you do, really?

Rene
Old Apr 30th 2014, 5:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

You could probably get your UK Employer to write something suitably vague that it would do the job but not commit them to anything.
Old Apr 30th 2014, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

"So you've been in the USA on a J-1 once already, last year? And this will be your second J-1 visa ?"

yes 5 times with no problems

What proof did you use last year for a successful J-1? Can you not use that same type of proof? It was successful once, it should be successful again.

i think i had copies of emails showing i applied for jobs. it was a face to face interview. this year is postal

the embassy.. the administative staff not the consular officer
Old Apr 30th 2014, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

i have a second employer who i work for the odd time..do you think i should ask them to write a letter?
Old Apr 30th 2014, 5:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like you just want something flowery without setting them up in case things change.
Old Apr 30th 2014, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
Sounds like you just want something flowery without setting them up in case things change.
what do you mean?
Old Apr 30th 2014, 6:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

the embassy.. the administative staff not the consular officer
I wouldn't pay too much attention to what a person in the admin staff at the embassy says. The decision will be up to the ConOff.

I actually find it odd that an admin person would take the time to call an individual and tell them something like that! I've not heard of that happening before.

You have some choices...get your 1st employer to write something vague; get your 2nd employer to write something; go to the interview without anything from your employer; or do nothing and don't go for the J-1.

Rene
Old Apr 30th 2014, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I wouldn't pay too much attention to what a person in the admin staff at the embassy says. The decision will be up to the ConOff.

I actually find it odd that an admin person would take the time to call an individual and tell them something like that! I've not heard of that happening before.

Rene
What she said was that letter from my parents, bank statments, flight home date, hotel confirmation which ill be in dublin in august the consular officer probably would not accept this and letter from employer be more appropiate. My visa application is postal visa as i visited embassy ladt year.

I am going to get letter from one of my employers and hope this helps
Old Apr 30th 2014, 9:01 pm

What she said was that letter from my parents, bank statments, flight home date, hotel confirmation which ill be in dublin in august the consular officer probably would not accept this and letter from employer be more appropiate.
Yes. I find it odd.

You keep saying your application is postal. But if this is for a new J-1 visa, don't you have to go to an in-person interview?

Anyway, good luck, I hope it all goes well for you.

Rene
Old Apr 30th 2014, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes. I find it odd.

You keep saying your application is postal. But if this is for a new J-1 visa, don't you have to go to an in-person interview?

Anyway, good luck, I hope it all goes well for you.

Rene
I went to the embassy last year and got interviewed and finger printed so when renewing you j1 visa you got to use postal visa. they have new website wre you book it online and post it off to them.

thanks i hope so too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.