J1 Visa Job Change

Old Mar 30th 2011, 12:13 am
Just Joined

sunshine22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default J1 Visa Job Change

Hello, I currently have a J1 visa but i am not happy with my job. How possible is it to change jobs, i am in Orlando Florida and would like to get a job and relocate to Miami Florida until my visa expires. I do resort activities at the moment and am happy to do any job within the hospitality industry.

I am open to any suggestions and advice you can provide.

Thank You in advance
Old Mar 30th 2011, 2:20 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: J1 Visa Job Change

Originally Posted by sunshine22
Hello, I currently have a J1 visa but i am not happy with my job. How possible is it to change jobs, i am in Orlando Florida and would like to get a job and relocate to Miami Florida until my visa expires. I do resort activities at the moment and am happy to do any job within the hospitality industry.

I am open to any suggestions and advice you can provide.

Thank You in advance
Well, you can't just transfer to another job on your same J-1 visa. You can only work for your sponsoring J-1 company. If you want to change jobs, you'll have to find a job that will sponsor another visa for you (J-1, H1B, whatever you qualify for).

You can't just change jobs and relocate for the remainder of your current J-1 visa. Once you stop working for your sponsoring employer, you become out of status in the USA and have to leave.

Rene