J1 Visa

Old Apr 14th 2015, 11:47 am
Just Joined

acroment is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: J1 Visa

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its a Motoring offence (in the UK) not a Criminal one. Unless you are up in court on another charge at the same time it is highly unlikely to appear on the Police National Computer files.- and hence the result of the PNC check is No Trace.
However, as stated by others, it IS a conviction.I you are asked for an official record you would need to approach either the court or DVLA (or whatever they call themselves this week). A Subject Access check will also come back No Trace.
I have letters such as the court summons and the letter confirming points on my license. Would those be acceptable?

Furthermore does the issue of the timing of the offence relate to if a visa is issued or not?

The offence itself was committed in 2014, whilst the points were handed on 2015. Does that make me negligible to apply for a visa due to the time scale?

Thank you
Old Apr 14th 2015, 1:18 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acroment
I have letters such as the court summons and the letter confirming points on my license. Would those be acceptable?

Furthermore does the issue of the timing of the offence relate to if a visa is issued or not?

The offence itself was committed in 2014, whilst the points were handed on 2015. Does that make me negligible to apply for a visa due to the time scale?

Thank you
Your level of anxiety makes it sound like there's more to the story than you're saying. If you have simply got a motoring offence and points on your license as you say then you have nothing to worry about. As has been said that's a civil offence and not a crime. Apply for the visa and stop worrying about it!
Old Apr 15th 2015, 1:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Your level of anxiety makes it sound like there's more to the story than you're saying. If you have simply got a motoring offence and points on your license as you say then you have nothing to worry about. As has been said that's a civil offence and not a crime. Apply for the visa and stop worrying about it!
I'm just an anxious person in general . I can't apply yet till the university in the USA send me the form to confirm sponsorship, so i'm sat here twiddling my thumbs basically.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 3:19 am
Just Joined

I'm not sure if one is allowed to double post or to post again after a certain time period. However I would like to tell everyone that my visa application was successful and that I have it finally printed in my passport. Thank you everyone for helping me through the process. Also, one thing the officer told me was that I had no ineligibilities. Does that mean that assuming everything stays the same if I ever applied for another visa I wouldn't have to tick the "commited crimes" checkbox or I just need to follow the same process that I did now, in getting an ACPO certificate and then showing it to the officer.

Again thank you everyone who posted here.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 4:29 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acroment
... the officer told me was that I had no ineligibilities.
Good.

Does that mean that assuming everything stays the same if I ever applied for another visa I wouldn't have to tick the "commited crimes" checkbox...
It means no such thing. It means only that you aren't ineligible to get a visa. The process, in the future, should be same as it was this time.

Ian