J1 Visa

Old Jul 27th 2010, 3:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: J1 Visa

Originally Posted by ManoCabral
Do you know if the only form that I need is the AOS?
AOS means "Adjustment of Status". The AOS package you need to submit consists of several different forms and several pieces of backup documentation. Please read the Wiki Guide on here for AOS to get the list of the forms you will need to fill out.

Also I want keep working in the same Company I doing the Internship now during the process.Should I need to file some form for that?
No, you can continue working for this company the same as you have been. You don't need to notify them of anything.

Oh...if you meant do you need a form for getting work authorization in general, then yes...the form is I-765 and it's part of the AOS package.

Rene
Old Jul 27th 2010, 4:08 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

I am having some problems...

My husband called the USCIS today and they said that I need to fill a I - 137 form and get out the Country, because my J1 visa don't qualified for a immigration visa. Could you guys explain what it means?? Should I really leave the Country?

Also, where can I find some good sites about it ( J1 visa and marriage)

Thanks a lot.
I think you should find out more information!

What is form I-137? I've never heard of it and do not find it on USCIS.gov
Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

ManoCabral is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

It was my fault, the form they talked about was the I-130...

Do you know where can I found more information?

Thanks
Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

It was my fault, the form they talked about was the I-130...

Do you know where can I found more information?

Thanks
Have a consultation with an immigration attorney to set the record straight and set your mind at ease with what process you should start.

Rene
Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:58 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

We have no idea what your husband asked them, and as already noted, the 1-800# is not a very good place to get information.

Why don't you two visit an immigration attorney there in town who can look over your J-1 documents and let you know what is so for *your* case? It would be a good investment of a couple hundred $$.

You say you are familiar with the "AOS process" but refer to it as a single form. There is a wiki entry here that describes Adjustment of Status; you need to make sure you qualify to file that way (based on your marriage to a US citizen) and then make sure that you two can complete the forms on your own.

We can't know about the conditions on your J-1 because we haven't seen all your paperwork and wouldn't be qualified to decide even if we had.

You can use the site uscis.gov for information about Adjustment of Status under the 'Green Card' section. But you need to make sure you are in the clear with your J-1.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

I just want to give an update of my case.

I went to the lawer and He gave me some good information, but He wanted to much money to fill out my papers...
Anyway, I did it by myself and I had somebody who is expert at "green card papers" taking a look of it to me. Everything was rigth, I just forgot to fill out one form, I-864 -Affidativ of Support. Then I did it and sent everything on November 1st.

Well, guess which form had problem??
I received one letter saying that We (me and my husbund) are under the line of the poverty (I-864p), what is weird because the line is $18,212 for 2 persons and We had more than $33,000...

I callled the USCIS, but again they didn't give me any information, jus said that i need to send what they are requiring in the notification letter...
Now i need to fill out a new form for a join sponsor, that will be my father in law...
Old Dec 14th 2010, 6:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I received one letter saying that We (me and my husbund) are under the line of the poverty (I-864p), what is weird because the line is $18,212 for 2 persons and We had more than $33,000...
Do you have "more than $33,000" in income? If yes, resubmit the I-864. If the $33,000 is in assets, you actually need $54,636.

I callled the USCIS, but again they didn't give me any information, jus said that i need to send what they are requiring in the notification letter... Now i need to fill out a new form for a join sponsor, that will be my father in law...
Does USCIS want a joint sponsor, or just a new I-864?

Ian
Old Dec 14th 2010, 6:35 pm

Well, guess which form had problem??

I callled the USCIS, but again they didn't give me any information, jus said that i need to send what they are requiring in the notification letter...
Now i need to fill out a new form for a join sponsor, that will be my father in law...
What are they requiring, exactly? Are they asking for evidence of current income, or did they specifically ask for a joint sponsor?

What did you include as proof of current income? Letter from employer? Current pay stubs?

Rene
Old Dec 15th 2010, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

They gave me some options about the documetation that I could send.

Could be a join sponsor, proof of ownership (like house or land), or a document from the bank showing our total income for the past 12 months (I dont remember if just the sponsor or me too)...

To proof my Individual income I sent a copy of my 2009 W2 and 1040 and a letter from my job saying that I will keep working there after I get the green card. I read all the information about the form I-864 before I fill it out and Im sure that I send everything required when the "intending immigrant" is using the own Individual Income (+ the sponsor Income) to compare with the poverty line.

It's weird, huh? They couldn't explain to me way they didn't accept it. Just said if they are requiring something I need to send it, doesn't matter why, that's it.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 4:29 pm

To proof my Individual income I sent a copy of my 2009 W2 and 1040 and a letter from my job saying that I will keep working there after I get the green card.
Did the letter from your employer state how much you are currently earning?

The 2009 tax return does not show your *current* income.

Rene
Old Dec 15th 2010, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

olliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud of

Did the USC spouse fill out an i-864? That's required even if the foreign spouse is self-sponsoring, right?
Old Dec 15th 2010, 8:03 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

There is no such thing.

An immigrant always requires their petitioner to sponsor them financially, a non-immigrnat - including K non-immigrants - require a sponsor only if they do not have sufficient financial resources of their own.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by olliewat
Did the USC spouse fill out an i-864? That's required even if the foreign spouse is self-sponsoring, right?
Old Dec 16th 2010, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

They don't ask about the current income, they ask about the most recent Individual Income that needs to be proof with the 1040 and W2.

My employer letter shows how much they are paying me and that I will keep working there.

I am not sponsoring myself ( I don't now if it's possible), my husband (my petitioner) is my sponsor and we put our Individuals Incomes together to meet the requiriment.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 3:17 pm

They don't ask about the current income, they ask about the most recent Individual Income that needs to be proof with the 1040 and W2.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864.pdf

The I-864 does ask about current income. Part 6, #23.

The question asking for the figure from the 1040 is a separate question, Part 6, #24.

Rene
Old Dec 16th 2010, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864.pdf

The I-864 does ask about current income. Part 6, #23.

The question asking for the figure from the 1040 is a separate question, Part 6, #24.

Rene
Yes, you right. They do ask for the curret income.

But they said oh the form "Total all lines from 24a and 24b. Will be Compared to Poverty Guidelines -- See Form I-864P."
Looking the way that we fill out the form, shows that my husband are doing the same money that He did last year, and the line 24c (Total Household Income) was more than $18.212 required when the Sponsor's Househoulsize is 2.

What I think that happened is, for some reason they don't accept my Income.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.