J1 and K1 question

Old Nov 22nd 2001, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Richard1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI

My girlfriend has just sent off our I-129F and all the other forms that go with it along with a ton of proof of relationship. My one worry is that I have been to the US twice on a J1 visa for a summer work/travel student deal. SO I have a SS number which I put on the form. I know I should he done this but I did'nt.... should I have sent the form proving I don't have the 2 year stay at home thing. I sent in copies of the visa in my passport, will this be enough. Should I send them a copy of the form? I don't think they will match it up with the original petition as I am sure they get a lot of mail. HELP!! We were hoping to get married about JUne 10th, any chance now?

Thanks in advance
Rich
Old Nov 22nd 2001, 11:05 am
G. Lo.

Don't worry, I was in as similar case and I didn't send anything but a copy of my
visa, just like you. The only other time they asked about the J1 was at the
interview, he wanted to see the J-1 visa again and that was it. My visa said that I
didn't have to do the 2yr. home residence requirement thought.

I hope this helps.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 22nd 2001, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Where on your visa did it say you don't have a 2 year residence? I can't see it on mine? It only says it on the piece of paper, no sign of it on the visa unless I don't know what I am looking for!!! Advice?

Thanks in advance
RIch
Old Nov 23rd 2001, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

?
Old Nov 23rd 2001, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

smldnabjp is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband came to america several times with a summer camp program on a j1 visa, there wasn't much issue with this, i would just relax and have that paperwork handy incase there are any questions about home residency questions. good luck