J-1 with HRR and overstay

Old May 25th 2005, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: J-1 with HRR and overstay

Originally Posted by vshaykev
What are our options?
You have the exact same option as you did several hours ago. You must consult with an experienced immigration attorney. Your situation is far too complicated for this newsgroup.

Ian
Old May 25th 2005, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

USimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by megarhyn
I want to thank you for your reply.
I have already checked the list and yes it is on the skill list, even though I have no idea why, since I don't think we have any camps in Croatia.
You are right about the second thing, since I have met other people that did the same program, but from different countries and did not have the HRR. However, all the people from Croatia that have done the summer camp had the HRR on their J-1.
And my I-94 is not really readable. It does seem to have something like a mm/yy on it but I would not bet what is says.
Thank you once again.
My question is what does it say on your J-1 visa stamp you got in the embassy or consulate abroad? Does it state 2 year rule applies or 2 year rule does not apply?
Old May 25th 2005, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

USimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by USimmigrant
My question is what does it say on your J-1 visa stamp you got in the embassy or consulate abroad? Does it state 2 year rule applies or 2 year rule does not apply?
Another question that rises into my mind is doesn't the USCIS know that u need a waiver before filling the paperwork or they basically go ahead and deny your I-485?
Old May 26th 2005, 12:43 am
Just Joined

vshaykev is an unknown quantity at this point

she does have a 2 year restriction
and
they don't tell you anything and it as they told as depends on the particular office rules, and their office rules are to deny i-485.

Another question that rises into my mind is doesn't the USCIS know that u need a waiver before filling the paperwork or they basically go ahead and deny your I-485?
Old May 26th 2005, 12:47 am
Just Joined

vshaykev is an unknown quantity at this point

I know, and I've talked with over 20 lawyers today.

but the problem is following: 70% of them don't even know what I'm talking about. The rest 30% slightly heard of J-1 visa with 2 year restriction and such problem when we need to get a waiver. Also from the crowd left who at least make sence in what they are talking (and I'm not looking for an easy anwer, yes it's all right no problems). only couple made waivers....

so what are my options... I'm willing to get and pay money for a good attorney... but I feel a little bit frustrated when I'm talking to an attorney and know more about this subject then he does.

thanks a lot for all your help...

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You have the exact same option as you did several hours ago. You must consult with an experienced immigration attorney. Your situation is far too complicated for this newsgroup.

Ian
Old May 26th 2005, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

but the problem is following: 70% of them don't even know what I'm talking about. The rest 30% slightly heard of J-1 visa with 2 year restriction and such problem when we need to get a waiver. Also from the crowd left who at least make sence in what they are talking (and I'm not looking for an easy anwer, yes it's all right no problems). only couple made waivers....

so what are my options... I'm willing to get and pay money for a good attorney... but I feel a little bit frustrated when I'm talking to an attorney and know more about this subject then he does.

I can understand where u are coming from but from experience and people i knew it is best that u get a recommendation letter from the department of state that solves everything!
Old May 26th 2005, 1:25 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

so what are my options... I'm willing to get and pay money for a good attorney...
Keep looking. Start here: www.aila.org. Good luck.

Ian
Old May 26th 2005, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

anti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to all

subscribe to the yahoo j-1 group the link for which i provided above. several experienced and sensible people hang out there who have gone through j-1 waivers, as well as a couple of lawyers.
Old May 26th 2005, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

anti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to all

I can understand where u are coming from but from experience and people i knew it is best that u get a recommendation letter from the department of state that solves everything!
An advisory opinon from DOS may "solve" everything only if you are not subject to 212(e). It serves as formal confirmation. If you are subject, you will still either need to obtain a waiver or fulfill HRR.
Old Jun 1st 2005, 6:50 pm
megarhyn

Bruce A. Hake
http://www.hake.com/pc/phil.htm

This is the lawyer that has worked with J 1 visas a lot and will be honest with what is that you have to do. He knows the issues and will know what you're talking about. You can set up a phone conslutation with him and that will be $150.

Did your wife contact her Embassy? Embassy of Slovakia is the one that should tell you how to obtain the 'NO OBJECTION STATEMENT'. I had to go through mine and am still waiting for it. Your wife can not adjust her status until she recieves the no objection statement. But, If she was not sponsored by her home country, there should be no reason why she shouldn't get it.

Hope this helped you.

Old Jun 1st 2005, 8:17 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by megarhyn
Bruce A. Hake
http://www.hake.com/pc/phil.htm

This is the lawyer that has worked with J 1 visas a lot and will be honest with what is that you have to do. He knows the issues and will know what you're talking about. You can set up a phone conslutation with him and that will be $150.

Did your wife contact her Embassy? Embassy of Slovakia is the one that should tell you how to obtain the 'NO OBJECTION STATEMENT'. I had to go through mine and am still waiting for it. Your wife can not adjust her status until she recieves the no objection statement. But, If she was not sponsored by her home country, there should be no reason why she shouldn't get it.

Hope this helped you.
Hi:

I will heartily join in this recommendation. Bruce is MY "maven" on J-1 issues. On his ethics, he is also one of the "mavens" on legal ethics in immigration law.

Bruce is wonderful and you can tell him I said that.