ir1 visa concern

Old Oct 13th 2012, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

noname144 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ir1 visa concern

i have just received my ir1 visa and package and plan to enter states on the 9th nov,my concern is the visa expires on the 15th nov,which is the date i took my medical last year,what will happen after the 15th will i after return home
Old Oct 13th 2012, 3:21 pm
Passport Collector

dreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ir1 visa concern

Originally Posted by noname144
i have just received my ir1 visa and package and plan to enter states on the 9th nov,my concern is the visa expires on the 15th nov,which is the date i took my medical last year,what will happen after the 15th will i after return home
The visa expiration date refers to the date by which you can use the visa to first enter the united states, not the date by which your authorization to stay in the united states expires.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 3:22 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noname144
As long as you enter the USA before November 15, you have nothing to worry about. You will become a US Permanent Resident upon entry to the USA, and will not have to leave the USA.

The USA will then be your home, so you wouldn't "return home".

Rene
Old Oct 16th 2012, 4:33 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Point of clarification: the visa expiration date is the latest date on which one can depart on uninterrupted travel to the USA, not the latest date when one can enter the USA.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
As long as you enter the USA before November 15, you have nothing to worry about.
Originally Posted by dreamercon
The visa expiration date refers to the date by which you can use the visa to first enter the united states, ...