Interview soon - my checklist

Old Jun 22nd 2011, 1:18 pm
Is Female

gnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud of
Default Interview soon - my checklist

first question, who here actually paid £10 to leave their phone with the pharmacy, that's a ridiculous amount of money to look after someone's phone. Think I will figure something else out if it's that much.

Got my interview soon, here is what I am taking, if anyone can think of something i'm missing please let me know. and I know its indivual to what you need, but I am straight forward, no divorces, no adoption certs, military etc.

original - police cert, marriage cert, birth cert and passport

copy of police cert, marriage cert, birth cert for US spouse and myself, passport copy of US spouse, and copy of my passport, copy of tax returns, copy of US spouse birth cert, copy of NOA2

Letter from embassy

and I will get 2 x photo's taken at the embassy because they have a photo booth there.

ok am i missing anything?

Can't believe this day is coming
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 1:20 pm
Is Female

gnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Interview soon - my checklist

oh forgot waiting for my husband to email his I-864ez and I will take a copy of that too
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

LadyElysium is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't risk getting your photos done on the day of your interview personally.. The photo booth might be broken!
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 3:54 pm
Is Female

My copy of the I-864 is not signed, because he printed it signed and sent it, so i have a filled copy which is unsigned, does anyone know if they ask for this form at the interview at all?

also did anyone take there proof of relationship evidence with them, photos of the wedding etc to the interview or is this just more for finance visa's?

any input would be great please.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

LadyElysium is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gnasher12
My copy of the I-864 is not signed, because he printed it signed and sent it, so i have a filled copy which is unsigned, does anyone know if they ask for this form at the interview at all?

also did anyone take there proof of relationship evidence with them, photos of the wedding etc to the interview or is this just more for finance visa's?

any input would be great please.
Yes they ask for it, it needs to be signed.

As far as I know they do not ask for proof of relationship for spouse visas, but I plan to bring a few photos & our son's birth cert as "proof".
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:11 pm
Is Female

well i don't know what to do then, because it's not signed. They have the one he sent them, now we are at this stage.
interview is tomorrow, now im freaking out!
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

well i don't know what to do then, because it's not signed. They have the one he sent them, now we are at this stage.
interview is tomorrow, now im freaking out!
If he filed the I-130 in the USA, then he has already sent the original signed I-864 to NVC. It should be in your immigration file already, and the ConOff will have it in front of her.

What did you mean when you said "waiting for my husband to send his I-864EZ and I'll take a copy of that, too" ? He should have already sent the I-864 and supporting documents to NVC.

Rene
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:25 pm
Is Female

Yes he sent it all in, we have sent in all information to NVC.

But I am taking photocopies of everything with me, I asked him to email me the scanned copy he has of the one he sent, so I can print it and take it.

I keep reading that they ask you for this? I am so confused.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:30 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Yes he sent it all in, we have sent in all information to NVC.

But I am taking photocopies of everything with me, I asked him to email me the scanned copy he has of the one he sent, so I can print it and take it.

I keep reading that they ask you for this? I am so confused.
Don't confuse the "DCF" cases with yours. While they both result in Immigrant Visas, the process to get there is different.

You would not be assigned an interview date if you had not already submitted all the required docs. Take photocopies with you for backup & peace of mind.

Simmer down, chica. You've got interview nerves.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:33 pm
Is Female

hahah i know, i am so sorry, I didnt think I would be like this.
my stomach is going crazy. sorry i wish people would specify if there case is DCF or not, because that has confused me through this whole journey. but thank you, i will take the unsigned copy, because they should have our case as we have gotten this far. fingers crossed for tomorrow!
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

i will take the unsigned copy, because they should have our case as we have gotten this far. fingers crossed for tomorrow!
Or bring a printout of the scanned signed version he emailed you.

You'll be fine tomorrow. Good luck.

Rene
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

The Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond repute

Do you need a copy of your (American) fiancée's passport? We never did that and it's not mentioned on the website as a needed thing.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 7:59 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Do you need a copy of your (American) fiancée's passport? We never did that and it's not mentioned on the website as a needed thing.
The people posting in this thread are interviewing for Immigrant Visas, not K-1.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

The Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I know, I just wasn't sure if it was all-inclusive .
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 8:06 pm

Oh I know, I just wasn't sure if it was all-inclusive .
Well, spouses couldn't be fiances at the same time, could they?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.