Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Interview scheduled for only 2 weeks away!

Interview scheduled for only 2 weeks away!

Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:31 am
Honorary Texan

tom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to all
Default Interview scheduled for only 2 weeks away!

Got my interview date today, and it's on February 15th! Waaay sooner than expected!

I didn't actually get anything else with it though (a packet 4 outlining what happens at the embassy) but I phoned the embassy and they said the form didn't exist, so huh.. i guess they're just a bit ghetto over there!

Anyway, pretty happy

Any tips for interview??
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of
Default Re: Interview scheduled for only 2 weeks away!

Congrats on the interview ..... I sent my forms back the week before you so I'm hoping my interview will be scheduled soon (I'm also hoping to get married in April) ...

You never know, I might see you there on the 15th
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

Ok.. my interview date also came through this morning ..

I received another check list.. Form 169 (passport, birth cert etc), Applicant's Statement and a DS-230 part 1 form all stapled together ..

Do I need to return these to the Embassy ? I only ask because it says "You will not be scheduled an appointment until you have returned this form" at the bottom of the "Applicant's Statement" form ...... But I already have my appointment scheduled ??

ta,

mojo
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:15 pm
Honorary Texan

tom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to alltom_1984 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mojofilter
Ok.. my interview date also came through this morning ..

I received another check list.. Form 169 (passport, birth cert etc), Applicant's Statement and a DS-230 part 1 form all stapled together ..

Do I need to return these to the Embassy ? I only ask because it says "You will not be scheduled an appointment until you have returned this form" at the bottom of the "Applicant's Statement" form ...... But I already have my appointment scheduled ??

ta,

mojo
It seems from both our experiences that the US embassy is incredibly disorganised.. I got a letter from them prior to my interview date saying i needed to fill in another checklist, and another DS-230 part 1.. after I sent them back, they sent me the interview date. But, there was never any mention of needing these forms before! So yeah, if they ask for those forms, then I would send them (can't hurt) and assume that you still have the date they have given you..

But yeah, like I said, I get the impression that they don't completely know what they're doing over there :P
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:36 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom_1984
Got my interview date today, and it's on February 15th! Waaay sooner than expected!

I didn't actually get anything else with it though (a packet 4 outlining what happens at the embassy) but I phoned the embassy and they said the form didn't exist, so huh.. i guess they're just a bit ghetto over there!

Anyway, pretty happy

Any tips for interview??
Tom, how did you learn your interview date?
That is generally 'packet 4'. Were you looking for something else?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

----

But yeah, like I said, I get the impression that they don't completely know what they're doing over there :P
I called the helpline but the lady I spoke to didn't have a clue... She kept on talking to one of her supervisors but I still couldn't get a straight answer ..

Old Jan 30th 2008, 7:34 pm
Honorary Texan

Originally Posted by meauxna
Tom, how did you learn your interview date?
That is generally 'packet 4'. Were you looking for something else?
Well, it was packet 4 in that I got an appointment letter, but I didn't get any information regarding what to expect at the interview, so it was incomplete. They gave me a bunch of stuff from packet 3 instead..which I already had.

Hence, they really do not know what they are doing.. at least, the people that stuff the envelopes don't!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 7:36 pm
Honorary Texan

Originally Posted by mojofilter
I called the helpline but the lady I spoke to didn't have a clue... She kept on talking to one of her supervisors but I still couldn't get a straight answer ..

The guy I spoke to had no clue either.. and neither did his managers.. my letter referred to an IV19 form for K1 and K3 visas, but according to the people on the phone, no such form exists! So uh, yeah.. who knows?! They confirmed my interview date and time though so that's all that matters.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:02 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it was packet 4 in that I got an appointment letter, but I didn't get any information regarding what to expect at the interview, so it was incomplete. They gave me a bunch of stuff from packet 3 instead..which I already had.

Hence, they really do not know what they are doing.. at least, the people that stuff the envelopes don't!
Before I agree with you that they are morons... what is it you think they were going to tell you to expect at the interview? I've never heard of that letter before.

The guy I spoke to had no clue either.. and neither did his managers.. my letter referred to an IV19 form for K1 and K3 visas, but according to the people on the phone, no such form exists! So uh, yeah.. who knows?! They confirmed my interview date and time though so that's all that matters.
Is it IV-15 you are thinking of?
At any rate, it's usually that the letters are outdated more than the people don't know what they're doing.

Are there still questions outstanding for you? Or you feel like you've got it all now?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:55 pm
Honorary Texan

Originally Posted by meauxna
Before I agree with you that they are morons... what is it you think they were going to tell you to expect at the interview? I've never heard of that letter before.

Is it IV-15 you are thinking of?
At any rate, it's usually that the letters are outdated more than the people don't know what they're doing.

Are there still questions outstanding for you? Or you feel like you've got it all now?
The guy on the phone said the same thing about the IV15, but no, I've had one of those.

Otherwise I think I'm good. The only thing stressing me is the evidence of financial support stuff. I mean, I don't have much money in the bank, but I got my future father-in-law to complete an I-134 for me (since my fiancee is young like me, with no real assets and a small income). He meets the financial guidelines and is supporting me with 6 months room and board. I have a bachelors degree, so I am employable. So, I really don't think it is likely for me to become a public charge.. I hope :S