Interview on May 21st

Old May 10th 2009, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

danellis will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Interview on May 21st

I found out in January that I was being made redundant, so my American wife and I decided we would move to the US where she still has a house and a teaching job to go back to (she was on maternity leave for a couple of years).

We started the application process February, and I finally have my interview on May 21st. There were only a couple of small bumps along the way: we had to get affidavits from three of our friends attesting that our relationship is bona fide. Fortunately, an old school friend is now a solicitor and was able to sort that out for us.

I now just have my fingers crossed that they won't be concerned that my wife doesn't start work until September, but we have a letter from her principal confirming this.

Anyone else interviewing on that day?
Old May 10th 2009, 8:48 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview on May 21st

Originally Posted by danellis
I now just have my fingers crossed that they won't be concerned that my wife doesn't start work until September, but we have a letter from her principal confirming this.
What have you done about the I-864 Affidavit of Support? Are you using assets, or you have a joint sponsor?

I don't think they will care that your wife won't be working in the USA right away, as long as you are able to fulfill the I-864 requirements, and can demonstrate intent to domicile in the USA (the principal's letter helps with that).

Rene